GeForce Brightness Settings

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by MajorAccident, May 25, 2003.

1. I used to have an ATI RADEON 7200 32MB video card. In the settings, there is a feature that allows you to set the game brightness/contrast/gamma for when playing games, along with the settings in the game setup.

I now have a GeForce 4 MX 440 SE 64MB card and whenever I play certain games, the screen is usually rather dark. I can set the brightness and contrast at 100% in the game, but it's still too dark. Is there a setting in the settings that will allow me to change the brightness for games like I used to be able to do with my old RADEON card?

2. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

Well I have similiar problem as I tend to keep my monitor on the dark side.

My solution has been to use PowerStrip , it's a very handy program with many uses. I use it to overclock my card, lock in my Opengl refresh rates, and I have a specific gamma adjustment for BF1942 (the game has no brightness/gamma adjustments). You can set brightness/gamma/contrast levels (among other things) for any program, and with the gamma hot keys you can do quick on the fly tweaks.

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

if yours desktop is dark too, go here:
    [​IMG]

but if it's just the games, then you need to find the gamma control in each game and turn it up.