GeForce 5?

"none of the currently existing cards are" thought u ment all cards in general, cuz if u mend just nvidia shouldnt it be "none of theRE currently existing cards are" dunno kk ;p

ATI_dx9.jpg

The Geforce 5 is called the Nvidia Eclipse. It was supposed to use DDR-II, but that company called Janec or someting (starts with a J) hasnt or didnt approve the standard yet.

Allright. Read the article...point taken.

BTW: Kuja, where didja get that info from, I'd like to read about it...

okay...i don't have a job...BUT i have 400+ bucks saved up for a vid card. I just want something that will support the games i wanna play. WC3, UT2k3, SoFII, CS, like that. I bought my Geforce2MX at the wrong time, because Geforce 3 just came out, and i don't wanna make that mistake again.

So with that in mind:

Do i wait for NVidia's new line of graphics cards?

or

Do i go for Geforce4 Ti 4600?

or

do i start to trust ATI and try their Radeon 9700.

also, a friend of mine said that Gigabytes 9700 is pretty dang good. What shall i do?

you can buy the 9700pro from ati... and it comes in for around 300-320 from reputed online retailers...

you can wait for the new nvidia cards... should be widely available december or next year in 1st quarter...

4600 is not really worth it if you want a nextgen card...

btw why is ati NOT trust worthy?

because nvidia users keep harping on driver issues from years past? the catalyst suite of drivers have been stable and have delivered performance/quality as they are released...

I have not had any probs with ati drivers since I started using ati products 3 years ago with the radeon 32mb sdr/ radeon 8500 and my current card...

personally I say either buy 9700pro now or wait for nv30 from nvidia or the r350 cards from ati which should both hit the market around the same time :)

Originally posted by Nick M
Allright. Read the article...point taken.

BTW: Kuja, where didja get that info from, I'd like to read about it...

It was either on Neowin, or on Winbeta... can't remember which one..... just do a search on Yahoo for NV30, should pop up....

I just read through all teh posts :)

its amazing the amount of rumours that swirl around the web.. :)

nv30 is supposed to be dx9 compatible... it was delayed so that nvidia could add extra texture pipelines to make it a better match/performance wise for the r300/350/400 series of cards from ati...

nvidia and amd working on something?

I dunno... but nvidia IS making the new nforce motherboard which should be good... nforce2 is doing well in raw benches...

will nv30 blow the pants off the r300?

depends entirely on how well the 0.13 micron process has been developed by nvidia..

they are debuting the chip for tests and what not around november... probably will not be in pcs till around december...

oem.. no idea.. no news on that...

upgrade from ti 4600 to 9700? whats the point? not much... I dont think its worth it.. thats a lot of money to be playing with...

is the 9700pro worth it if you are looking for a video card.... absolutely...

there is no other card on the market right now that plays ALL games @ maximum resolution with NO glitches...

its amazing :) but most other cards will give you excellent performance with less eye candy...

nv30 should be interesting... I am waiting to see how the 0.13 micron process will revolutionise video card performance...

buying the NV30 for over $400 is a waste of money. I could build a whole new computer with that amount. By the time NV30 its out, ati gonna have their new card out waiting to beat that in about 2-3 months. Many games out there havent even top the geforce 4 ti4600 performance yet.

Posted by ZAnwar
I ain't no rich person or nothing (14 years old), but when GeForce5 comes out, I will definetely buy it !!!

I have got a GeForce2 MX400, when I bought it it was £80, now only £35 !

So I will definetely go with the Geforce 5 !!!

if you bought a gf2 mx for 35 quid youd be getting RIPPED OFF. I can get a GF2 MX for a tenner now.

robbed from the back of a lorry or what ?

I saw it for £35 in dabs.com!

here's some info:

it wont be called "geforce" anymore

it's supposed to be introduced at comdex mid-november

it'll be released for computer manufactures to add into pre-built systems as early as december

it wont be mass produces for retail sale until near 2003

it uses ddr-ram speeds of up to 1GHz

Posted by dijital
here's some info:

it wont be called "geforce" anymore

it's supposed to be introduced at comdex mid-november

it'll be released for computer manufactures to add into pre-built systems as early as december

it wont be mass produces for retail sale until near 2003

it uses ddr-ram speeds of up to 1GHz

it uses DDR II which reaches... per design limitations a maximum of around 550mhz, and nvidia are, to be safe for sure, going to clock it per the grapevine @ around 500mhz... ddr that relates to 1ghz...

will be very interesting to see the card in action and gets first impressions from the comdex show :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back