GeForce 4 Ti4200 Non-XP Compatible!?

K

Kaila Yu

Okay. To start off, here are my system specs.

1ghz p3 (not overclocked)
384 ddr (pc2100) ram
300w enermax <edit> power supply </edit>
asus cuv266 mobo
xtasy geforce4 ti4200 (128mb)

Well I could not get this card to work at all with windows xp. Everytime I played a game in direct3d it crashed with the audio sound loop. Amazingly opengl did not crash. I have absolutely no idea why. Counter-strike in opengl would not crash, but it would in direct3d. GTA3 (directx game) crashed, and warcraft 3 (also directx game) crashed. I tried using different sets of drivers, updating my bios, installing 4in1 drivers, using a different powersupply, plugging the card in my friends comp (which worked on xp), putting it in a well ventilated area (averaged 80F for mobo) and after analyzing everything I figured that I would just install 98 and see if it would work. Well it works flawlessly now. Only thing is that I want my XP back ;( I tried using different versions of directx also, but had no luck with those. If anyone knows whats going on or have something new to try just let me know :D thanks.

i agree with catch, a lot of times when you change hardware its best to reinstall windows. i've run into conflicts at points when installing new hardware into my current system.

lol. well i reinstalled a fresh installation of xp and still no go. this sucks.

as stated ^ on my first post its a 300W enermax. er haha...i listed it as a 300w enermax hard drive.....its a psu ;p

haha...well okay, ill give it a shot. i really dont think my psu has anything to do with it. opengl seems to be working perfectly with xp. just not directx.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back