Geforce 4 and Game cube

Originally posted by RaWShadow
Just use a normal TV. Thats what it was made for. You dont buy a console so you can connect it to your pc, do you? ;)

...I borrow to connect to computer...don't have a TV...

This is a bit off subject of the blurriness, but on my setup I have my ATI All-in-Wonder hooked up to a video-out on my VCR so whatever the VCR is displaying I can record to my computer be it a video tape, signal from the satellite, or we also plug our Playstation and Game Cube into the video input on the front of the VCR. I don't think the VCR would help clarify your signal but it does make it easier to switch between devices, plus my son can record his own game demos on either the pc or VCR.

Originally posted by RaWShadow
Just use a normal TV. Thats what it was made for. You dont buy a console so you can connect it to your pc, do you? ;)

HDTV's are esintally monitors so your point is moot.

plus u can buy compenent wires for your systems which is progressive scan just barely below vga.

but i can't think of any video cards that have component video input?

and speedy_b... on my last post, i was suggesting to krux he should invest in an s-video cable cuz he said he was using the standard composite connection.

and what's this about lcd's and refresh rates? their refresh rate is the least of your worries... the limiting factor is response time. the lower, the less blurring you get. if you want refresh rates to go above 60hz (and make a difference), you'll have to get an lcd with less than 14ms response time. and that's pretty rare. for a true 100hz, you'd need a response time of 10ms. i don't know of any that go near this low.

I know, just thought i'd mention we were using an s-vid lead, and it doesn't improve the quality.
TV cards/PC's just aren't designed for gamecubes :p

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
The Philips 150 B3 apparently runs at 1024 x 768 @ 75Hz

That's the circuitry's refresh rate, but is that also the visual refresh rate as well?

Well, yes I suppose. Why shouldn't it be? It refreshes with 75 Hz but I guess there could be some "lag" before the pixels change if it's a slow screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back