gateway E-3400

randmdavis

OSNN Junior Addict
I have a gateway E-3400,733mhz,128sdram, motherboard82801AA(intel) southbridge,cpu-socket 370 FC-PGA coppermine, bios 0AAUOPO6 american megatrends, xp pro. The problem is when you click on restart the computer goes into standby, and when you bring it out with the mouse the mouse freezes. The only mouse I can get to work on it correctly is a old 2 button mouse. Boy I sure need some help.

thanks
james

Couple of things to try:

1) Make sure you have the right mouse drivers installed. Go to Device Manager and under Mice and other pointing devices. Select each mouse installed right click it and select uninstall. When they are all uninstalled reboot. Windows will find the new mouse and try to install the right drivers. If Windows can't find the driver you will need to have the disk that came with the mouse or files downloaded from the manufacturer web site.

2) Check your bios setup under Power Management and make sure it is set to do the right thing for shutdown, restart etc. May not be a problem here but you want to check. You shouls also check the power management under Windows. Right clikc in a blank area, select properties, then the screen saver tab then power at the bottom in the energy saver area. Set standby to never. Many machines, especially the older ones, do not tolerate standby well, they lock up.

did this still don't work right. did the same with the video card(pci) too and changed video card(pci) and still does the same. I've never seen this happen before this way. wonder if i need the agp video card that goes into it?still trying to find more reasons for this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back