gas going up 25 cents a gallon in states.

i have to fill $20 a week. it blows! im only 16!! i don't need to be paying that much dude

-bibble

TittleBitties said:
Gas has dropped 15 cents or so in the past few days. Wouldnt be surprised if it keeps going back down to 1.80 like it usually does.
Dude? Are you for real? Gas has been going up and up hear. Today jumped to $2.09 at someplaces it's more (payed $2.11 today actually but used a gas card I got for xmas :D).

prodj88 said:
i have to fill $20 a week. it blows! im only 16!! i don't need to be paying that much dude

-bibble
Yeah $20 if your lucky .. I waited till my gas light was on to and fro from work the last 2 days :speechless: and filled up while it was on the empty mark and stopped @ $26 and was just under full still. :(

Well sory to say but the only place gas prices is going is up. In the next month I think it is the OPEC cartel have there meeting to see if prices are high enough and if they feel not they will raise them. Historicaly OPEC has raised oil prices after every meeting of the OPEC cartel except once where it remained unchanged.

prodj88 said:

-bibble
do the words gas money mean anything to you:p

Xie said:
Dude? Are you for real? Gas has been going up and up hear. Today jumped to $2.09 at someplaces it's more (payed $2.11 today actually but used a gas card I got for xmas :D).

Yep...i was kinda shocked but then again it could just go back up again.

sweetlu said:
Jimi's right in Canada its over 80 cents per litre...which is way more than in the us and pales in comparison to someplaces in Europe where the price is over 2 dollars per litre.

Prices in Holland, Europe per: 03/17/2005

Euro unleaded 1.27

Super plus 1.32

Diesel Ultra 0.98

V-Power 1.32

V-Power Diesel 1.05

And that's in Euros, not Dollars!!!!

[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+1]1.00 EUR[/size][size=-1]
Euro [/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+3]=[/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+1]1.33566 USD[/size][size=-1]
United States Dollars [/size][/font]
And then cars are also about 20% (roadtax) more expensive... poor me.... :suprised: :cry: :suprised: :cry: :suprised:

Jozhik said:
Prices in Holland, Europe per: 03/17/2005

Euro unleaded 1.27

Super plus 1.32

Diesel Ultra 0.98

V-Power 1.32

V-Power Diesel 1.05

And that's in Euros, not Dollars!!!!

[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+1]1.00 EUR[/size][size=-1]
Euro [/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+3]=[/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+1]1.33566 USD[/size][size=-1]
United States Dollars [/size][/font]
And then cars are also about 20% (roadtax) more expensive... poor me.... :suprised: :cry: :suprised: :cry: :suprised:

Those prices are per litre as no way would they be for a Gallon.

Why all the complaining???

Gas/Petrol prices in the UK are nearly FOUR TIMES the price as in the US!

Think yourselves lucky.

Yeah, I have to put £40 a month in mine (diesel) which is actually a damn good price!

RickyC
Why all the complaining???
Gas/Petrol prices in the UK are nearly FOUR TIMES the price as in the US!
Think yourselves lucky.

Well when you are spoiled with low prices and something jumps up to this amount, then of course you are going to complain. I bet when euro prices went up (if they jumped the amount they have here in year) there would have been complaining too. I think its on average to say gas prices are jumping 30¢ a year and the worst is yet to come because in summer they usually go 10-15¢ more because of the demand is so high. I also saw on cnn that they were going to go drill in alaska but i don't know if it will actually go to the consumer or go to the oil reserve, but that might hurt OPEC just a little. I was told that once IRAQ gets up and going they can't join OPEC so it might be able to fight to lower prices, but I don't think that will happen.

mooo said:
Well when you are spoiled with low prices and something jumps up to this amount, then of course you are going to complain.
I know what you mean, the prices went up 5 years ago when I was in the States, and it still was darn cheap for me, but the prices had gone up more than 25% - anyone would balk at such a rise in costs!

Not sure about elsewhere but here in th US we need more hybrid cars. The ones that are available are way out of my price range, so basically the people that can afford them won't buy them as they can afford fancy cars like dodge vipers, porche 911 turbo's, hummer's, and all the fancy toys. The poor hippie (I'm not really a hippie but I love mother earth - as in I don't wanna be scortched by acid rain and I don't want my kids to either) can't afford the hybrid cars to try and make a difference in the amount of oil we use and evironmental impact we make yearly. </sleepyrant>

*edit* - *puts on flame resistant suit* I'm also not comfortable with our president being an oil man coming from an oil family. :nervous:

Electronic Punk said:
Yeah, I have to put £40 a month in mine (diesel) which is actually a damn good price!

I put in £40 a fortnight! :suprised:

mooo said:
Well when you are spoiled with low prices and something jumps up to this amount, then of course you are going to complain. I bet when euro prices went up (if they jumped the amount they have here in year) there would have been complaining too. I think its on average to say gas prices are jumping 30¢ a year and the worst is yet to come because in summer they usually go 10-15¢ more because of the demand is so high. I also saw on cnn that they were going to go drill in alaska but i don't know if it will actually go to the consumer or go to the oil reserve, but that might hurt OPEC just a little. I was told that once IRAQ gets up and going they can't join OPEC so it might be able to fight to lower prices, but I don't think that will happen.

Drilling Alaska is not going to help one bit, there is estimated 6 billion barrels of iol in Alaska, the U.S. imports 9.6 million barrels PER DAY. That gives us 625 DAYS of oil or 2 years worth at that rate of usage. Usage increases by approx 5 million barrels per year. The US Federal oil reserve capacity is 727 million barrels with a current inventory (According to the DOE) of 684.2 million barrels (down by 13.5 million barrels from max).

So you can bet that the first 13.5 million barrels will go to re-fill the Federal Reserve. Not that big of a hit, only about 2 days worth.

But, and wit hthe governmnet there is always a but, it will take upto 5 years before we the consumer ever sees the drop in gas prices because it will take at least that long for drilling to comence and all the red tape and the enviromental protests/petitions/lawsuits/injunctions.........

The problem is not OPEC, the Federal Government, the porblem is far too much of the comercial industries are in the pockets of big oil. We have had hybrid car technology for 25 years!!! But because of the oil companies leverage in the government auto makers were told NO! Only in the last 5 years have auto makers taken a stand and build cars and put them to market.
Did you know know that for an investment of approx $3,000 per household using solarpanel roof tiles we could cut our oil usage for electricity by 96%!!! That is 3.2 Million barrels per day cut! But then the electric company losses money and so does the oil company's.

Gas prices are even worse now :\...2.38 a gallon :eek:. My friend and i went to the store to fill his tank up in his truck and it was $60 and it wasnt on Empty yet. I am gonna hate it when i start to drive. I have blazer and they have like 19mph or so but not sure how big the tanks our.

I dont remember what exactly prices are here, but I know its about 40-50 to fill up and that lasts me 2-3 weeks. Its sad, I want to get my bike fixed :)

VenomXt said:
shut up be glad you dont have a 15mph like me.. god i need a new car.

I ment 19mpg...hope u ment mpg too lol

zeke: Your complaing about 40-50 every 2-3 weeks? People here would kill to have that. My bud has to do $60 every 1 week to 1 1/2 weeks :\.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back