gas going up 25 cents a gallon in states.

Evil Marge said:
I ride a pedal bike,cost's me now't :lick:

I wish I could just ride one, but work and school are to far for my out-of-shape body to pedal :(

I wish I could ride my bike to school and work too... but school is a 40 min drive at 75 mph... not really a good ride :)

Take the bus,apparently it's cheaper than paying to own and drive a car each year :laugh:

Unleashed said:
A drivers worst nightmare! I hate cyclists! :p
<-- Cyclist. :p

I allways go much faster than everyone else too. ;) But I'm not wreckless, unlike (far too) many cyclists.

forgot to add, here when u fill up gas for about 15 dollars or more they give u free tissue boxes, it use to be all gas stations now its only some, its a pretty cool thing though my family barely buys tissues lol i get like 2 or three boxes, and so does my dad everytime we fill up

When I lived in Singapore the local store did the same, but with every loaf of bread you bought. They're surprisingly useful!

Evil Marge said:
Take the bus,apparently it's cheaper than paying to own and drive a car each year :laugh:

Not where I live a return to Sevenoaks is £6+ and to Gravesend £4.20. Both return.

its not crap.. Gas used to be 1.70-1.80 MAX here in GA, we have some of the lowest gas prices in the US, and damn its 2.00 a gal now. This sucks hardcore. I drive a little as possible and yet i still have to put in $20+ in gas a week. The bus system here sucks, because 1 trip is $1.75 so i would be paying $3+ for a round trip and it doesn't even go to my college (8 miles down the road). Anyone wanna buy a 2002 Nissan Xterra with 32,000 miles?

Not sure why u are complaining about $20+ a week when i know plenty of people that pay more. I feel bad for my school...just think how much money it is to put gas in all those buses!

i used to pay $24 to fill up every 4days when i worked in downtown atl, i changed jobs since then (best decision so far). 200+ in gas a month sucked hardcore

TittleBitties said:
Not sure why u are complaining about $20+ a week when i know plenty of people that pay more. I feel bad for my school...just think how much money it is to put gas in all those buses!
Because less is always better. Oh and that $20 a week = $1040/yr :(

In my opinion times are changing...just like everything else has gone in price. I remember when gas was like less than $1.50 and then u got the old people that had gas for like less than a dollar. Times are changing and we gotta get use to having gas prices going up.

TittleBitties said:
In my opinion times are changing...just like everything else has gone in price. I remember when gas was like less than $1.50 and then u got the old people that had gas for like less than a dollar. Times are changing and we gotta get use to having gas prices going up.
It wasn't that long ago that gas had been under $1.50 young one (or even a dollar - I remember one summer when it was). ;) Yeah the times are changing but this issue with gas is almost directly related to our invasion of Iraq most surely. What we should be working on is cleaner power for auto, not just because the cost of gas but because we are going to end up killing everyone and everything on planet earth if we don't start to do something soon. </rant>

unrest in the middle east and china's recent economic explosion are listed as reasons.

TittleBitties said:

No offense Tittle, but that is the thinking that keeps us paying these exorbant fuel prices year after year. the supply/demand hasn't really changed, OPEC keeps raising prices every year, when we the public start refusing to pay for their 2nd and 3rd $100,000,000 yachts, the price magicly drops, then goes back up a few cents at a time looking for the highest price per gallon that we chumps will pay. And it is not just OPEC, you can thank your local government, state government, and federal government as well. Over $.45 per gallon is taxes tacked on by these 3 entities.

So the actual cost of fuel per gallon we should be paying is about $1.25-$1.50 per gallon, and the actual to market price is arround $1.10.

But you won't ever see those prices because people are far too willing to laydown and pay anything OPEC wants. Wait till 2007 when is $4.25 per gallon. Seriously!

Gas has dropped 15 cents or so in the past few days. Wouldnt be surprised if it keeps going back down to 1.80 like it usually does.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back