Games reboot instead of loading

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by eddiebubble, May 10, 2002.

1. eddiebubble

eddiebubble Guest

Anyone know why my machine is automatically rebooting every time a game is loading.
    Im using a RADEON VE 7000 with all the latest drivers and 256MB of RAM.
    I have no problems installing a game. I just don't know what it's like to play one.

2. Skwowwy

Skwowwy Guest

2000/XP systems have the tendency to reboot when the CPU is overheated.

The games you are trying to run are probably CPU intensive (what game isn't? :p), so maybe you should get a better fan to cool the CPU.

Of course, I don't know everything about it. The others might be able to help you. :)

3. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

No the heat won't strike that fast. I'm guessing drivers or something. Uncheck Automatic Reboot in Control Panel > System > Advanced > Start and Restore (I think). Then you'll get a BSOD instead of a reboot so you can read what's wrong.

4. huFFamOOse

huFFamOOse Guest

Yeah its the 'Start up & recovery' setting in xp which instead of a BSOD it restarts your computer (so that how they can say less BSOD's :¬/).
    Goto system properties, advanced, startup & recovery, on sytem failure untick automtaically restart.
    This wont stop it crashing but instead give you the BSOD from which you can note down the driver causing it and go from there.

I had the same problem with 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' which was due to using an old Mcafee VirusScan version, deleted that and it worked :¬)