games die in the middk\ of it

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by canadian_divx, Jul 1, 2002.

1. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

games die in the middk\\ of it

ok i ahve had this problem on a few of my games including, RA2, yuris revenge, warcraft 3, diablo 2, and die hard, when i am playing the game it will just close right out of it and go to the desktop or it will say that there is an invalid kernal or that there is a oage fault in a nonpaged area. can anyone help me???
  2. Eolis

Eolis Guest

May need to format and reload, or it may be bad memory, or a number of other things. That's not a problem thats gonna be solved without doing some diagnosing........

Can you get your DirectX panel out (DXDIAG) and do some checking with that and post results??

Is the fan on your vid card operating and clean??

Also, please post some system spec so that we can get an idea of your hardware......;)
  3. canadian_divx

my sys specs are

amd athlon 1ghz
    30gb at 72,000rpm (main)
    40 gb at 72,000 (storage)
    896 mb of ram 133mhz
    64mb nvidia gforce 2 mx 200
    audigy x-gamer

direct x stuff
    no problems found bydriect x
  4. BOB050082

BOB050082 Guest

If you are using an nVidia video card, you need to uninstall nView.
  5. canadian_divx

what is nview????
  6. BOB050082

BOB050082 Guest

How to uninstall nView:

Download This file
    download the 29.42 drivers and save them somewhere
    right click on the .exe and extract the files to a folder (dont install them)
    Move the new .inf to the folder with the extracted files
    Now, goto control pannel>>>add/remove programs and remove the NVidia 2000/XP display drivers
    Restart Computer
    WinXP will detect the new hardware, when the wizard asks for what drivers to use, choose manual selection. locate the folder where you extracted the files, and select the .inf
    nView is now non-existant. If you want, you can goto your \Windows\System32 folder and remove all nView associated .dlls, but you dont have to. This should fix your problem, and if it doesnt, pesky nView is gone
  7. BOB050082

BOB050082 Guest

8. canadian_divx

thanks i am going to see if that works

but some times in the game i will get a blue screen saying that there is a:
    page fault in a nonpaged area

what is that and how do i fix it???
  9. BOB050082

BOB050082 Guest

Yes i know what you are talking about, i had a similar problem with the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD. I was told that was due to a problem with the RAM. I later discovered that nView was the cause of the RAM issue. Removing nView fixed the problem for me.
  10. canadian_divx

ok cool

thanks for the help i hope it works in the long run
  11. BOB050082

BOB050082 Guest

12. dijital

dijital Guest

just to point something out FYI, there is no way in hell your drives spin at 72,000 rpm. i'm sure you mean 7200 rpm :D
  13. BOB050082

BOB050082 Guest

just curious, did it work?
  14. canadian_divx

yea it did work thanks for your help and thanks for a friend pointing out that miss spell
  15. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    I want to buy a 72,000 RPM HDD too... mine is only a poopy 7200 :( you are an uber good... I bow down to thy computer HDD's prowess at spinning and spinning FAST...

yeah i had that problem with D2