Game uninstall issue

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by GhaLeoN, Sep 22, 2002.

1. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

i want to uninstall SOF2, but i get an error when I run the uninstaller: "could not open INSTALL.LOG file"

Is it harmless just to delete the folder and ****? Or should I dl a program that will remove it?

plz help thx
  2. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

should be OK to delete the program file
    then search the registry for any references
  3. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

install.log is most likely a text file and system mechanic or a similar utility has deleted it thinking it was useless crap i would delete the programs folder and shortcuts then delete invalid keys in the registry
  4. jak deth

jak deth Guest

I would reinstall it to the dir it was installed to then uninstall. It sounds as if the install log was deleted and with it gone the add/remove option in ctrl pnl won't function.
  5. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

alright, thx guys

but when u say 'delete invalid keys in the registry' what EXACTLY do you mean? I dont want to delete the wrong stuff....

Would it be anything under "raven games" or just plain old "Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix" ?
  6. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

jus delete any s**t, it could be under any. i'm not sure of exact keys, i normally jus browse through till i find em:p
  7. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

ya, but where are the keys most likely to be?

Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER or what?
  8. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

not sure sory:(
  9. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

anyone else?

i found one entry for 'raven software' under HKEY_CURRENT_USER... is that it?
  10. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

is there another 'raven software' game other than SOF2

if not

then yes it is safe to delete

if your not sure
    Before deleting
    right click on the 'raven software' folder in the registry & export / save as / name it - SOF2undo.reg

11. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

New York City
    It should be safe to delete any registry keys that show "Raven software" or "Soldier of Fortune" etc.
  12. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    This sounds like the best way to get rid of it.
  13. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

thx for the info guys

much appreciatted