Gainward GF2 problem

• Thread starter Greg Ekstam
  • Start date
G

Greg Ekstam

System is up and running exept for games. Eveytime I try a game, screen either goes blank or get vertical lines and freezes. I have removed drivers and re-installed from Gainward and N-Vidia. Same. I have tried many options but am stuck. Please help. I have lots of cooling.

System
Shuttle AK35Gt/AK35GTR
AMD XP 1700
Seagate Barracuda 40
Lite On 16x DVD
Lite On CDRW 32x12x40
Gainward GF2 Ti/500 XP Golden Sample
Windows XP Home
Samsung Syncmaster 950p

Have you just gotten this card? and did it ever work on games before? Vertical lines usually signal a vidboard heating or memory problem...do you have the card overclocked anymore then it already is from gainward? and is your install of XP fresh or upgrade?

New install of XP. New video card. Just built the sytem

ok so the vid board isn't oc'ed at all, and cooling is fine? my only other test is trying an older set of drivers like the 23.11 or some of the older 27.50's..if that doesn't work you have 2 options..

1. Take the vidboard to a friends house or your friendly local comp shop if you have one and have them see if the board works properly in a similar setup

2. re-install XP and try again..as you just built the system it could be another problem but I cannot speculate as to what

sorry man :(

I had the same problems with a geforce 2 card and the only way I got it to work was to use the standard microsoft drivers that came with XP

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back