Gainward GF2 problem

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Greg Ekstam, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Greg Ekstam

Greg Ekstam Guest

System is up and running exept for games. Eveytime I try a game, screen either goes blank or get vertical lines and freezes. I have removed drivers and re-installed from Gainward and N-Vidia. Same. I have tried many options but am stuck. Please help. I have lots of cooling.

System
    Shuttle AK35Gt/AK35GTR
    AMD XP 1700
    Seagate Barracuda 40
    Lite On 16x DVD
    Lite On CDRW 32x12x40
    Gainward GF2 Ti/500 XP Golden Sample
    Windows XP Home
    Samsung Syncmaster 950p

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Have you just gotten this card? and did it ever work on games before? Vertical lines usually signal a vidboard heating or memory problem...do you have the card overclocked anymore then it already is from gainward? and is your install of XP fresh or upgrade?

3. Greg Ekstam

Greg Ekstam Guest

New install of XP. New video card. Just built the sytem

4. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

ok so the vid board isn't oc'ed at all, and cooling is fine? my only other test is trying an older set of drivers like the 23.11 or some of the older 27.50's..if that doesn't work you have 2 options..

1. Take the vidboard to a friends house or your friendly local comp shop if you have one and have them see if the board works properly in a similar setup

2. re-install XP and try again..as you just built the system it could be another problem but I cannot speculate as to what

sorry man :(

5. skip113

skip113 Guest

I had the same problems with a geforce 2 card and the only way I got it to work was to use the standard microsoft drivers that came with XP