gaim and norton IS 2004

macromp

the retarded one
someone recommended using gaim instead of msn messenger to me so i thought i'd have a go but i can only get it to log in when i disable norton internet security, anyone have any idea which option i have to change to get them both to work? it stops before it would normally get to the 'getting cookie' part of signing into gaim. i've set norton to 'permit all' in the program list on the firewall but have no idea what else i need to do.

just use msn messenger it's fine nothing is wrong with it, and if your friend was reffering to those times that no one could sign in that wasn't from the messenger it was from msn their server was down so you wont be able to sign on using gaim, but other than that i dont know what's wrong with your norton

well, i might as well have not bothered asking :\

thanks anyway.

You could also use trillian :D While you are at it, get rid of norton ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back