Ga-7dx

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by hecdi, May 22, 2003.

1. hecdi

hecdi Guest

Well, I have a GA-7DX mobo, after installing WIN XP work fine and then it crash with the green light at the case flashing and beeping. Need help!!

GA-7DX
    AMD XP 2000+
    526 mb PC2100

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

and... what happens when you turn it on now?

3. hecdi

hecdi Guest

It works fine for a period of time, but it crashes and the beeping and flashing green light begins. The pc was working fine and never did that before, but I had to reformat the HDD due to some problems with one of the users (messing with files). The heat sink is working properly.

4. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Have you looked in your event log for clues as to why it is crashing?

5. hecdi

hecdi Guest

How?

6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

you may have to play around with your startup/recovery options :)

it will be in control panel > system > startup recovery I believe.. but it is definitely in SYSTEM... check the tabs for the proper section...

uncheck reboot on error and you should have an option to enable write on error or whatever it says (sry... am on school computer with the control panel disabled... can't tell you what the exact wording is)

once you have done this on error you should be able to view the error report and cut and paste or at least give us the gist of the error in question..

btw.. did you change ANY other settings or were there ANY other errors that caused you to format ?

7. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer.

There are three sections: system, security, and application. Since your PC reboots, I would check system, then application for any clues.

8. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

wouldn't one have to enable in control panel to write the event upon a recovery/crash ? or does winxp automatically by default write on occurence of such an event to event viewer ?

9. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Not sure, I never "enabled" anything, yet it logs all events. That's how I found where some of my odd problems were coming from in the past.

10. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

i have a quite similar problem with one of my customer pc... but it did not reboot or hang
    his mobo sound keep beeping after playing games for awhile! temps not an issue....
    he said running all application like quark, photoshp and 3dmark without any problem but once on a game.... the sound will beeping again! havent check with his pc since he said he will take over here tomoro...
    any idea beside of temp?

11. hecdi

hecdi Guest

Well, I just switch the DDR Memory to the second row and "apparently" that fix the problem. Since I couldn't boot up, I was unable to do any of your suggestions. I'v been playing with the pc to find out if is going to do it again. Its been up and running and restarting for about 12 hours now and nothing yet.