G5 *drool*

Since I don't actually believe in benchmarking in a big way compared to some other people due to there being various variables that I personally think makes comparing Mac' and Windows (or Machine X vs Machine Y vs Machine E etc) like comparing an apple and an orange..... I like apples .... (oh, go me, unintentional link there :D ), I go off personal experience from using a variety of machines, all with varying capabilities and what not.

im just so use to using a pc, i dont like the one mouse button on a mac, i know ucan use logitech mice on them and also the file system i dont like to just see a hard drive, i like the my computer method

Well like you say, there are numerous multi-button mice out there that are compatible with Macs.
Also, I'm sure there are various tweaks you can apply for viewing files. But if you prefer your (scummy) computer method, then stick with it :p

I'm a believer you buy the computer you want, or the computer you need.

well i might be getting more in touch with the macs cuz i might want to do something like the people at pixar, i dont know

themafia.69 said:
like i still dont get how they were able to pull off finding nemo with a g5
It's called a cluster. :p They didn't make finding nemo on a box or 2 .. they did on a room full of linked G5's. ;)

muzikool said:
Congratulations Scooter! I know you'll love it!

3GB of RAM! :eek:

So will you get a free upgrade to Tiger, or do you not know yet?

If Tiger comes out within 14 days of his delivery date.

remember to keep your "Proof Of Purchase" tickets, as you might be able to get some sort of discount from a local store anyway. :)

thekore said:
remember to keep your "Proof Of Purchase" tickets, as you might be able to get some sort of discount from a local store anyway. :)

What, you mean the one all the way down in London :lick:

I smell a roooooooad trip :D

X-Istence said:
If Tiger comes out within 14 days of his delivery date.

I've read this before, and 14 days is such a short time. Why can't they make it a month at the shortest? :rolleyes:

muzikool said:
I've read this before, and 14 days is such a short time. Why can't they make it a month at the shortest? :rolleyes:
Because they'd lose money. It's the whole business making a profit thing. Damn them for wanting to stay in business!!!! :p

:eek: :eek: you Dammed Apple!!!!! .... well... Dam You! .... :lick:

p.s. - new G5 should be here in about 2 - 3 days (though its sitting in Ireland, so it would probs just be quicker driving across and picking it up :rolleyes: - still I can't complain too much about the delivery time being like ... 7 days or something)

Oh, and I will prob's have a word with my local Apple Re-seller to see if they can get me an upgrade for free :lick:

Scott, purely by purchasing the G5 you are now subject to the following osnn terms and conditions.
  • take photos lots of photos
  • give a nice review with more supporting photos
  • make a "petey" style video if possible with more video footage of the G5

or in other words, let us all know how it goes :p

God no, PLEASE PLEASE do not make a petey video. With Scott on/behind the camera, it would only heighten the levels of fear projected onto the viewer.

That sir, as a video and tv student, is easy enough done... might even break it down into

1. Recieving the package
2. Opening the package
3. Moping Up The Drool
4. Booting it up / installation
5. Installation of apps
6. "pretties" ( ie. making it look as pretty as can be made in my bedroom-come-office)
7. "A making of" filmed while i edit the others using Final Cut Pro HD & Motion.

My only regret.... not having enough to buy an Apple Monitor with :(

p.s. whats a "petey" style video ??? </n00b> :lick:

muzikool said:

Cause MS gives you 0 days? Uh, sounds fair eh? At least they give you 14 days.

They want to stay in business and i respect that. You can say well i want 30 days and whine, but you ain't getting nothing more out of them. 14 days. I find that good enough.

Last I checked, you couldn't buy computers from Microsoft, so the comparison doesn't make sense. :rolleyes:

It would be up to the individual vendors (like IBM, Dell, HP) to decide if they want to give you free OS upgrades for a certain period after they've shipped your system. Most of them don't, as far as I know, but then again, they aren't obliged to. Neither is Apple, really. If you know a new OS version is imminent, you should probably just wait...unless you absolutely need the machine ASAP, of course.

... its more of a "lusting" than a "needing" .... and i dont care too much if i have have to pay for 10.4 ... am happy to give Apple my £££ / $$$ / whatever-i-dont-care-currency :)

Scooter said:
...am happy to give Apple my £££ / $$$ / whatever-i-dont-care-currency :)

You are, what is referred to as in marketing circles, a "piece of gold."

.... and quite possibly an Apple-Whore too. ..... Though Apple is the only company I'd do it for, and thats only when I had the money :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back