FX vs ATI9700pro which one is the one?

This is Sazar Bait if ever I saw it.

But even though I had a Ti4400 until recently (i cooked it), I think that ATi have the upper hand for this generation of cards anyway.

they have about the same performance one just cost 100 more then the other which isn't justifyed. by what it can do but what its made of DDR-2 and a .13micro process and the cooler basically the FX costs more to make and yields about the same performance as the 9700pro it can go either way in certain games. the choice is upto you really if your a die hard Nvidia guy then the 100 bucks wont bug you. other then the price tag there both really good cards and can more then handle anything today games will throw at them. im sure sazar will go into image quality and what not bot alot of the sites that ran reviews on the initial cards have retracted them because there was some issues with the drivers and the frame buffer not applying the FSAA and the AF to the the image yet it was taking a performance hit. anyways im sure sazar will come in and correct me if im wrong.

the FX is on par if not a little bit faster than the 9700pro.. but the upcomming 9800pro is faster than the FX and the same price as the FX..

Originally posted by canadian_divx
the ATI is totaly better than the FX

where in the world are u getting that dilluted info from? there the same in most cases and in special cases pull ahead in certain things. get your facts striaght

lol... you guys :)

the gf FX lineup represents the ENTIRE new line from nvidia... the nv30 gpu is the one I think you are mentioning...

hardware wise... ati probably has the advantage... their card works to spec... the nv30 has some issues... not so sure anymore if it is hardware or software...

anyways... the gf FX 5800ultra is more programmable... but this will not result in it being better in scenarios with lots of shaders... its memory bandwidth will throtle it... it does make it a good choice for game devs though... and the card also supports higher color precision... though ati's card sticks to or exceeds the dx9 api...

raw performance... the 2 sets of cards are pretty much on a par...

when it comes to high res with AA and FSAA turned on... the gf FX has issues... perhaps driver related... perhaps hardware related... but it can't keep up...

if you compare apples to apples... ie... trilinear filtering to trilinear filtering... there is no comparison... the nv30 can't keep up... basically a fact...

lots of websites that benchmark these cards are told how to do it by the respective companies.. the problem being nvidia's suggested settings basically do not yield apples to apples comparisons and show their card in better light than it really is... ati also suggests different settings... but the difference being they have WHQL drivers and their cards operate @ a high color precision per the dx9 api ALL the time...

however... the nv30 is not a bad choice...it is NOT a bad card... it is a MASSIVE card and you will likely need a full size tower to fit it in... plan around it... the 9800pro is also longer than the 9700pro but still not quite as long as the nv30...

you will be fine going with either card... the nv30 is unlikely to retail on shelves @ stores... you will have to order online/preorder and pray you get one of the few allocated cards...

the nv35 is coming out soon and should take over the performance crown with many optimizations over the nv30... we'll know in a couple of months time..

Told ya....

;)

Incidentally, I just bought an ATi 9700 Pro OEM for 190 GBP on EBay. Good Deal? Whadya Think? Seems not bad to me.

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
Told ya....

;)

Incidentally, I just bought an ATi 9700 Pro OEM for 190 GBP on EBay. Good Deal? Whadya Think? Seems not bad to me.
yep, the 9700 pro is good for me. i am not going to up-grade to something more for a little bit. cause now i can play all the games with full AA and AF without a significant drop in frames at 1280x1024. if it looks fine, and ain't broke, don't fix it.

If you could buy a particular brand of 9700 pro (Hercules, Gigabyte, etc...)
Which would it be?

Are there any graphs which compare the ATI 9700 Pro with the ATI 9800 Pro? Im thinking about getting a new card and im not sure which to choose between GeforceFX Ultra, ATI 9700 Pro and the ATI 9800 Pro. I want one which would help me out better in the long run as well as better quality and game play already

Thank you for your help

Sincerly Alex :cool:

Originally posted by Alex_is_Axel
Are there any graphs which compare the ATI 9700 Pro with the ATI 9800 Pro? Im thinking about getting a new card and im not sure which to choose between GeforceFX Ultra, ATI 9700 Pro and the ATI 9800 Pro. I want one which would help me out better in the long run as well as better quality and game play already

Thank you for your help

Sincerly Alex :cool:

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030306/index.html

I've seen benchmarks. Where the FX seems to shine is in higher resolutions, maintaining high frame rates throughout.

Despite that, the FX, I think, is too bulky, noisy (that vacuum fan) and expensive to justify it in its current incarnation. I think the FX has potential, but nVidia needs to do some major architecture changes for it to be a viable player.

I'll be curious what video cards are like in 1-2 years, when I'll be ready to purchase another card.

I must admit that the upcoming ATI 9800 Pro 256 MB has me a bit excited. ;)

Melon

I think there both the same cause Geforce cards is weaker than Radeon but has good drivers, and Radeon is good but has bad drivers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back