Fx 5200 would be enough ? [ Leadtek ]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
I've decided to change my actual MX440 from Leadtek with an DX9 compatible vid.card .
From what I've understood there is not so much difference between actual and the new Fx5200 even I'ts price is more than attractive .

I would like to be helped decidind if the new card would be an intelligent decision or waiting ( not more than 2-3 moth ) for Fx 5600 .. same brand . :)
Thanks for all , Cosmin ..

the thing is... is that obviously if you waited for a 5600, your gonna end up getting better performance than the 5200. But, maybe saving up for the extra few months would be able to help you further more getting a better performance card.. even being able to get the top of the range card than getting the 5600. This would mean that you wouldnt have to upgrade sooner than what you would have with the 5200. In my opinion, i would wait for the extra few months to either get the 5600 or a card thats even better. This could mean many more advantages. For example with what i am doing. I am suffering myself with a Geforce 2MX400 until just after xmas so that i can get a new CPU and Graphics card that is up to date around the days of after Xmas, this would mean that i would be better off than getting a new card now... then finding out that games around xmas wouldnt be able to be played due to low performance computer

Hope this helps

Sincerly Alex :cool:

<edit> please excuse any grammer errors, im alittle tipsy

thanks .. but still curious about that difference MX440 <<|>> Fx5200

unfortuantly i cant give you a graph showing the difference between the two cards.. but what i can say is that im sure there is a noticable difference between the two cards. As well as having a Geforce 2MX400, i also hold a Geforce 4MX440 and there isnt alot of difference between the two cards. So, having a Direct X 9 supported card, there is a big difference between the the Geforce 4 and the Geforce 5 5200

Ill try and help you out a bit:

GeForce4 MX 440

Fill Rate: 1.1 Billion Texels/Sec.
Triangles per Second: 34 Million
Memory Bandwidth: 6.4GB/Sec.
Maximum Memory: 64MB

GeForce FX 5200

Graphics Core: 256-bit
Memory Bandwidth: 10.4GB/sec.
Fill Rate: 1.3 billion texels/sec.
Vertices per Second: 81 million/sec.
Maximum Memory: 128MB

There is a much bigger Maximum memory and Memory Bandwith which can help alot :)

Sincerly Alex:cool:

huge for sure ...... the mx420 64mb I had compared to the Ti4200 128mb I got now was 2 and 1/2 times all around from 4200 in 3dmark2001 to over 10600

So I can imagine what a FX would do for you ...

there is something i would say.. i would get any Geforce fx family in exchange for my current graphic card.. even in exchange for any Geforce 4 MX series. there is a big improvement from the MX series to the FX series :happy:

Alex :cool:

i dont get why the fx is cheaper to buy than a mx420 :s

Go buy a Ti4200 128mb ddr 8x AGP and wait till the directx 9 cards are second gen

The games coming out now are only directx 8 lol

i think it is yea

i dont think there is any point in getting a Ti 4200 now. That would mean that when the next generation games are out.. it would mean there would need to be an upgrade.. may aswell go the full wack really :happy:

The amount of dx 9 games is very low and you can do dx9 with a ti4200 but I dont think a low end fx is worth the $$ not even close I would wait for next gen cards or go ATI

post thought using your logic axel Geforce2MX400 64MB your card is what 2 years old?? and your saying you cant play any of the games that are out this year? ... There will always be better cards and IMHO I would not spend for a high end FX right now never mind a slower FX .... And I am sure my Ti4200 128ddr 8xAGP with VIVO and CRT+DVI or ( duel CRT with adapter included ) will be more than able to play Games for well over the next 2 years ....ok true I wont be able to do the true dx9 but the drivers do DX9 as it is right now ..... I can imagine the drivers a year from now for the Nvidia's so if it is a DX9 card he really wants then the only true good card out there is ATI and not a cheap one either... for now sorry FX dont cut it and for me I am going to wait for the next line of directx 9 cards ...:)

n fx 5200 even out perforomes the ti4800 in most non synthetic Benchmark Tests Mainly becos of the Cinefx Engine and Memory.

Originally posted by ste_w
n fx 5200 even out perforomes the ti4800 in most non synthetic Benchmark Tests Mainly becos of the Cinefx Engine and Memory.

where?

Ive herd on Doom 3 and in Games i cannot 100% Verify this but ive herd it.

LOL looking further into it my card is killing the 5200 ultra and the 5600 ultra ..... nope sorry I wont buy that crappy card dx9 or not :D

oh and these Ti4200's over click like crazy see my clocks in my sig

Naw its clear ATI is the king right now and thats why I got my Ti4200 cause for the bang for the buck its a great card and I am sure the fx ultra 5200 and fx ultra 5600 cost more and there is only a few little things my card wont do the FX5800 is a good card but that aint the same as my $120us us or $200can card

I mean for the price show me a card for $120us I gots to check the prices on those ultra crappy cards lol :p

FX 5200 Ultra is therefore a good choice. It's not certain, however, as to whether the moderate performance of the card really allows the DirectX 9 features in games to be used. Tests with modern games such as Splinter Cell or Aquanox 2 (internal tests with DX 9 Beta Patch) show that the card is actually too slow for this.

quoted from review ............

I see about $150-60us for the 5200 ultra

I see $230us for the 5600 ultra

And mine for $120-$130us Sorry after looking at this in detail anyone who would buy either of those over mine needs a brain check

:) They dont cut it thats the bottom line not looking to flame or insult anyone

the fx 5200 is about £100 - £120
:).. not exactly robbing the bank really for decent graphic detail. I think its still worth the money

And i dont recall saying that i CANT play the latest games on my Geforce 2MX 400. Obviously, i couldnt play any of the latest games with full end graphics or even medium (in most cases). But the point is, is that there is no point in getting a this generation graphics card when you already got one.. because that would just lead on to more upgrading. For example, you bought a 4200 from a 440, then when the next generation games come out, you would need to get a better card to keep up with the high end graphics.. unless you wouldnt mind sticking with the low detail graphics like i do at the moment

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back