Fuji Digcam/Webcam crashing WinXP & W2K

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Tazzman, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Tazzman

Tazzman Guest

I have the Fuji FinePix A101 Digicam/Webcam .... when I connect it as a webcam, Win2000 and XP start to load the drivers and then I get the lovley "Blue Screen of Death" . I've tried the latest drivers from Fuji, the only other thing I can think of is the notebook (Toshiba Tetra 8200) is the problem .... ANY IDEAS????
  2. Betamax

Betamax Guest

I think it's the notebook. I have a Toshiba Satellite and get the same problem with my Creative WebCam Go USB.

I tried asking Creative for help and they just say it's an IRQ conflict which I agree with. Problem is that it's the way Toshiba sets up their systems that causes this problem so unless they come up with an answer you're out of luck. And so am I. :(
  3. jw50

jw50 OSNN Senior Addict

Try this: Uninstall all software for the cam, remove the cam from the device driver list, unplug the cam, reboot into safe mode, install the cam software, shut down, plug in the cam, boot and when the cam is detected install the updated drivers.

I cant guarentee that this will solve the problem but there is a good chance that it will.