FTP Server

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Plexapotamus, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Plexapotamus

Plexapotamus Guest

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a really good FTP server
    one that supports resuming, and one that I can strictly
    limit my outgoing ports that are used. Any suggestions?
  2. Plexapotamus

Plexapotamus Guest

ok, let me be a little bit more specific.
    Can anyone suggest a single ftp server program?
    One that will allow me to limit my local ports that are used
  3. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Catch: Not the outgoing.

Plex: G6 FTP Server is good. Most good FTP servers can use a specific port range I believe. I hope I understand what you mean anyway... :)
  4. Plexapotamus

Plexapotamus Guest

Zedric, you're on the ball
    Thx buddy :)
  5. koko

koko Got Root?

Columbia, S.C.
    i use serv-u ftp 4.0 on my server. it is simple and it roxors!
  6. yeh i used several ftp servers but G6ftpserver is the best i had ( it's called Bullet Proof FTP Server too ;) ) and yez a ftp server can only give away 1 post to the web, so just simplie choose a port ( the default port=21 ) and no-one can use a other port ;)

ps hope this info was good enough to solve your problem
  7. Static 99

Static 99 Guest

I use CesarFTP, free and easy to use.

From the developer:

CesarFTP is an easy-to-use and fast to configure FTP server. Fed up with modifying your hard disk structure to share your file ? Then enjoy CesarFTP virtual file system support ! You can with a few clicks configure your server to share specific files without moving and / or copying them to a new place. CesarFTP also supports quotas and ratios, download speed limitation, limitation of the number of connects and many other miscellaneous things ! You can as well configure file logs and screen logs. With events handling, you can configure an automatic processing of uploaded files. You can run the server as a system service and remote control it !