FTP Program that can Schedule Transfers

Discussion in 'Windows Server Systems' started by kcnychief, Mar 6, 2007.

1. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

More of a general Windows Application question, but it has to be able to run on a server which I'm sure most/all do but wanted to be clear so I posted here.

I need an FTP program that allows scheduled transfers. I have been muddling with Filezilla's CMD Line Arguments for a little bit but it doesn't seem to run very reliably. Since they tout it as not being a great feature atm, and I need something reliable, I wanted to see if anyone had suggestions. I know I can use built in CMD line stuff for Windows, but I need something a bit more robust and customizable.

TIA.

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

3. kcnychief

That was one of the programs I was considering - have you actually used the scheduling feature and if you have, can you comment on how well it works?

4. madmatt

I have not used it. But since I own licensing I guess I can try it out and report back.

kcnychief likes this.
  5. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

if you are running the same commands all the time, you can always use a command line ftp utility and schedule it through batch and answer files and the task scheduler

or, you can use the ncftp client which supports the bgget/bgput and allows for ncftpBatch to schedule.. NCFTP is my personal ftp client of choice (of course, i'm kind of a command line junkie...)

6. kcnychief

If you could, I would appreciate it. Drop everything else and do it now :lick: j/k

Yeah, I was using .bat files and Acronis to schedule it. Didn't need to use the task scheduler as I was running certain commands before the backup and then these uploads when the backups completed. Only problem is I ran into some limitations, and since it's not really a feature FileZilla touts, I didn't find much help on them. Totally fine since it is open source, was just looking for something a little better.

I will take a quick look at ncftpBatch, but I may want something that is also graphical so I can use one program for both.

7. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

CuteFTP Pro can do what you want to do. You can even create your own macros and scripts.

Attached Files:

8. _kC_

_kC_ Moderator

flashfxp

9. kcnychief

Went with WS_FTP Pro and it works like a charm, thanks everybody :)

10. madmatt

madmatt wins the cookie!

11. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I still like ncftp better :p No cookie from me to madmatt! (not because you don't deserve one, but mostly because it says I have to spread some rep around before giving it to you again. :)

madmatt likes this.