FTP problems please help

M

marklang

Hey All,
I have been trying to get to my firends ftp server using FTP Explorer it connects fine but hangs when it goes to list the directories, I have consulted with my friend and the server is up an running. I've alos tried connecting to other ftp sites all with the same problem. I also tried a couple different FTP programs all having the same problem, so I'm convinced it's a setting on my computer. I am running windows xp pro. Anyone have any ideas?

Mark

tools --> internet options--> advanced. Look to see if "enable folder view for ftp sites" is ticked.

go to tools, then internet options and choose the advanced tab and then go to "Use passive FTP"

Brad

I have both checked and still have the same problem

Do you run a firewall or are you on a router? Maybe you have some security setting too high?

I use a linksys router which I've tried setting to it's defaults settings, which security settings would cause an error like this?

i just dmz my main computer with linksys router. some people may say that it not good to do. but takes care of forwarding ports and all. dmz is turning off firewall for single computer behind a router

Go to *Network Connections* under *Accessories*. Click on you Connection (Whatever you may call it) and click on the *Advanced* tab and uncheck "Internet Connection Firewall".

I have noticed that with the native XP Firewall enabled FTP tends to screw up.

BTW... I use WS_FTP Pro (ver 7.04 2001.12.20). You said you are using FTP Explorer but it could be having the same effect. But maybe if you configure the XP Firewall, ie... port that is being used and so forth. Then maybe it will not stall. Cause that is what it was doing with me until I disabled the XP Firewall. I am Using ZA Pro (ver 2.6.362) instead.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back