FS: AMD64 / 6800 / Socket939 Gaming PC

GEN3RIC

OSNN Senior Addict
I had this up earlier as a feeler.. but now I am positive I want to shell it. It works fine as a middle-of-the-line gaming PC and plays all games Ive seen come out recently, at medium settings on or up to 1600x1200.

AMD 64 3000+ (1.8Ghz Winchester core - newer and better core revision)
ASUS Socket 939 A8V-Deluxe Via K8T800Pro Motherboard
Chaintech 6800GT 256MB/256bit
2x512mb Corsair XMS DDR400 Memory
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200GB SATA (16mb cache)
ULTRA X-Connect 500W Modular Power Supply
V-Tech X-Focus "7105H" Case - Black

I also have a black BenQ DVD-RW drive I bought and could not get to work. I'd throw that in since I just had two and said to hell with that other one.

It's not the fastest gaming PC out there but it runs Vista Ultimate x64 quite well and you probably can't build it for cheaper than $500 with the same parts.

I am ASKING: $500, however I am clearly open to your best offer. Not that you need to pursue it, but I have an eBay ad up with MUCH more detail.

I can't remember if its OK to link to eBay but I definitely prefer you just use it to get information I did not include in this post.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220086802366

Last edited:
Good luck with your sale, and FYI it is OK to link to eBay but you can't just toss up the link and call it a day - which you have obviously not done :)

Oh, ok thanks! I put it up on [H]ardForums and after about 2 days of no replies I bumped it with an ebay link (a simple excuse for bumping) and it was deleted even though I could not find it in the rules. So you never can be too careful I guess :D

Looks like a decent machine as well, I was somewhat tempted to pick it up and use as a server, but I'm just going to Virtualize my servers instead since I will soon have the horsepower to do so ;)

I love virtulization! Vmware is my best friend right now :)

On the topic at hand, is that board an AGP board or does it have an PCI-e slots? (too lazy to go look up stats)

edit:
Bleh.. finally clicked on the ebay link and saw you posted all the stats (like you already said in your first post.. but like I said, I was feeling lazy and dint' read it all :)

Looks like a decent machine as well, I was somewhat tempted to pick it up and use as a server, but I'm just going to Virtualize my servers instead since I will soon have the horsepower to do so ;)

Thanks. It does quite well - I do a massive amount of downloading, filesharing, SSL tunneling, and a decent amount of gaming on it. So it's quite capable.. just ready to have 'THE BEST'.

I love virtulization! Vmware is my best friend right now :)

On the topic at hand, is that board an AGP board or does it have an PCI-e slots? (too lazy to go look up stats)

edit:
Bleh.. finally clicked on the ebay link and saw you posted all the stats (like you already said in your first post.. but like I said, I was feeling lazy and dint' read it all :)

It's an AGP board. I wouldn't let that turn you off though. There is supposedly an 8800GS 320MB version on the roadmap so there is a bit of upgradeability left to this setup. If it was sooner I might go for it - but I am going to a LAN party Mar 24th and I need to have a new system. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back