Frustrated @ FarCry level

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Heeter, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hi Guys,

I cannot seem to get past this one level at FarCry. It is the boat level, and I think that I am at the very end of it, because of the Helicopter that just won't go down. I have hit it with at least a half dozen or so surface-to-air missiles. Could it be that maybe I am at the wrong end on the boat? Where am I suppose to be, when I run out of ammo? When I am up to my neck in water?

I guess that I am just frustrated because I have been stuck here since the end of last week.

Thanks in advance.

Heeter

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I always go back up into the cabin.
    And the peek key was very important for this bit!

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

keep shooting it with the missles and then the alt+fire of your machine guns :)

it'll eventually emit smoke and sputter away...

4. Heeter

Thanks a million, EP and Sazar.

Finally I can move on from here.

Heeter

5. Electronic Punk

Took me ages to beat it, actually timed it just right so I could swim to shore and blast it with the buggy :eek: -- didn't work :)

6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

heh... :D

I didnt realise that the boats were all blown up :D

I actually tried to get back all the way to the island behind the one where the tanker was in order to work my mojo but all the boats were DOA :cool:

ah well... its a fun game... keep @ it :)

7. Heeter

Hahaha, EP.

I actually tried on several attempts to get to the jeep myself, too. Funny that I was not the only one thinking that.

Thanks again, guys.

Heeter

8. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

I run up onto the platform on top of the boat and take over the big mini-gun thing on there, takes the helicopter down in seconds

9. wachtourak

wachtourak OSNN Addict

Heh...I'm stuck way back in level 7 or 8, I installed it, got to level 5, kept getting smacked down by the monkeys, left it, went and played other things, then came back, and now I'm stuck in level 7 or 8, not far after the base where you get the nightvision goggles, just keep getting smacked down, I just gotta get better though, I don't think there's any trick to it. Man the binoculars are a godsend, imagine how hard the game would be without them...

10. Electronic Punk

There was a big mini gun thing? :p

11. Heeter

I was up there in many unfruitful attempts, but never saw that machine gun there. Mind you, I was usually running for my life while I was up there. Now that I have completed the mission, Maybe I will go up there and see.

Heeter

12. Fenris

Fenris OSNN Senior Addict

when it tells you to run off the front of the boat i always ran off the back swam to shore and used the beached boat as a shield and just ran circles around it blocking his shots and shooting him with rocket launcher :) worked good....i get stuck on the lvl where you dont get a gun :) hopefully that didnt spoil anything i dont think it does

13. toretto

toretto Mentally Absent

right now i am working on the level that you have to take out the communication jamming towers. that boat part, i actually hit it with a gernade and it blew up and went into the water

14. Fenris

Fenris OSNN Senior Addict

Ohhh that boat part is hard I found it easier to just throw a rock and get them to come close to the beach and then just blast them and steal the boat makes killing the other boats easy.