Freezing in Texas

Work is off till at least 10 AM today since there is so much ice on the roads.

Wee :(

And its so windy and cold outside.

I know you guys up north are probably like whaaat?!? but seriously, for us here, it is crazy.

Was supposed to have a group meeting with Michael himself today too :(

Bleh.

It's damn cold here in TX but matt's right, you have no idea what winter/cold is like. Some things that I don't understand ... in Jersey we never protected plants from the harsh elements yet in TX and AZ they tell you to cover your plants when it gets too cold :s In Jersey, you don't buy thermal coverings for outside spickets, in TX and AZ they tell you to cover these as well. What's the difference if you in Jersey, NY, AZ, FL, etc ... cold is cold :shrug:

I suppose that has to do with the plants in Texas, Arizona not being used to sudden cold. I'm sure plants in Nothern States are more adaptive to the cold because they are more used to it. Hence you need to cover your plants in Texas when it gets a bit colder, and not more usually colder States.

Yah I know that, it's just silly :p

Pipes don't change from state to state though

heh, I still find it funny when people think that 10s and 20s are cold.

-15 was the low yesterday.

... and December is warm compared to January and February.

Cold didn't bother me until after my 13 years of living in AZ. You're body gets accustom to the elements. That plus I'm old :s

Well I grew up as a young kid in Northern Minnesota, went to the Philippines for 10 years, came back 3 years ago. Wasn't that big of an adjustment. Only thing that pisses me off is waking up at 5 in the morning to blow snow because you can't get out and you have to be at work at 7.

Yeah mornings are definitely the worst part of the day during the winter. :/

Anyway, I'm off to school now :s

Speaking of morning. I gotta get some sleep. No work to day. :)

vern said:
Well I grew up as a young kid in Northern Minnesota, went to the Philippines for 10 years, came back 3 years ago. Wasn't that big of an adjustment.
You're a better man than I

:laugh: @ grandmaster

Yeah, it froze here in Waco last night. Wind chill is supposed to be in the single digits tonight! It was 70-80 degrees here recently.

I was in Indianapolis over Thanksgiving, so I've been in colder weather recently. Still, for Texas, especially the mid to southern half, this is really cold.

I'm a better man than Jewelzz? lol. That doesn't really say much of how big of a man I am. hah.

vern said:
I'm a better man than Jewelzz? lol. That doesn't really say much of how big of a man I am. hah.

goodpoint.jpg

-22F last night. I have no idea of what the windchill was.

Sing with me..

Frozen batterys.
Iced up cars.
Cracked blocks and freeze plugs!

Ohhh, how wonderful it is here, in the winter!!
The door is frozen shut.
Sliding cars.
Ice patches.
The grinding as the car smashes.
In to the telephone pole.

Blue fingers.
Blue toes.
Check for frostbite.
And you just might, survive.

Oh how wonderful it is here, in the winter!!

currently 13 degrees and snowing like the dickens!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back