FreeBSD FileServer{Setup}

i didn't say that i know how to burn it now, i have done it before however I don't remember how... I tried to do it through disk utility and it still gives me the same error ...

are there any special settings in disk util that i need to use?

i opened disk utility, opened the iso from my desktop, i selected it, and i clicked burn ... what else is there to do? i just dont' understand

Absolutely nothing, after that you can stick it in your CD drive, and have it boot from the CD rom drive, and it will work, It never shows up as a music CD for me. :confused:

Image corruption perhaps?

I can't remember if you said you re-downloaded or re-burned it.

Admiral Michael said:
Image corruption perhaps?

I can't remember if you said you re-downloaded or re-burned it.

he checked it against the md5 sum, so in theory it should be good.

yeah... i don't know guys... the other variable is that the comp i'm putting it on is a ibm aptiva with the media consol which houses the cddrive... maybe the consol is screwed up... i am going to plug the cd drive into the ide port on the mobo today, if it still doesn't work then i'll see what i can do with the windows 95 core :D

i'll let you know how it goes - thanks again for trying to help me

guys, i'm about ready to smash this thing... i am truly amazed as to how much i do not know about pcs...

the only thing i can come up with is that the hd is broken. i cannot even restore it to factory with the disks i have... when i plug the hd into my gamming comp as a primary/slave hd then windows won't even detect it, however the bios still registers it with the full amout of 4.7gb...

can windows not detect a hd that has been formated for linux??

you would think that a reformat would erase all linux partions though...

ok.. i smashed it :laugh:

i bought another crapmac today off ebay (powermac g3) and i will set it up with apache... do you guys think i should put a unix distro of a linux on it or osx panther?

i really appreciate all of your help on my computer issues :D

OS X panther would be my choice personally, and a G3 is nota crapmac.

X-Istence said:
and a G3 is nota crapmac.

hehe.. u just don't understand :D

i will probably end up using panther... i just want to try out the ppc version of freeBSD... does anyone know why v.6 has no documents for ppc?

Because it is relatively new and so far is untested. For a table PPC release of a BSD version grab NetBSD.

Well... I already finished my osx install, i think this is what i'm going to use because it has apache and cgi already on it all i had to do was instal php which was easy and mysql can wait until next year :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back