Free Page File

Here is the reg route to setup XP to clear pagefile on shutdown. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\MemoryManagement. Highlight MemoryManagement and in the right pane right click on Clear Pagefile At Shutdown Click modify and change the O to 1.

fungiver...good to see you again

as far as your last post, that does nothing for performance

the contents of the pagefile are ignored on the next boot...for all purposes but debugging, the pagefile is in essence, already deleted each time you boot.

the registry hack you are looking at simply overwrites the pagefile with zeros, with the idea that this is harder for a person to crack your information.

personally, this is a waste of time, even for those that need the extra security, as a simple overwrite of zero's will hardly keep anyone who knows enough to get to the pf in the first place from reading it anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back