Free cyber-beer to anyone who can solve these problems...

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Winter, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Winter

Winter OSNN Addict

Problem #1:
    I got my old copy of Tribes out, put the disc in and the autoplay screen popped up... I click on "Install", the screen disappears and then... nothing... I tried running setup straight off the cd but that didn't work either... I then give the 3-finger salute and check if setup is running in the background, which it is, but it's not using up any resources... has anyone gotten Tribes to work on XP?

Problem #2:
    I have a retail version of Counterstrike currently updated to 1.5... however for some reason most of the time I play my sounds are backward... if someone on the screen is running to my left, I hear their footsteps on my right... as anyone who's played Counterstrike knows, sound can be a vital factor in this game, and it's really annoying when you can't tell which direction a person is coming from... by the way, sound is not backwards when I'm on the internet, listening to Winamp, etc... just CS... anyone have a solution(other than switching my speakers/headphones)?

2. seeme

seeme Guest

thanks for the offer. however I prefer Cyber Vodka..

hehehe.

soz that i cant help u out on this issue.

3. seeme you are right, vodka would be much better. and to your question Winter , try running your cd with tribes in compatibility mode for win98/me. u go to start>accesories, there run Program Compatibility Wizard and follow the programs instructions.
    as to problem number two, try going into game's audio settings and looking there

4. Winter

Winter OSNN Addict

No go with the compatability thing =( Damnit I wanna play Tribes!

5. Stircrazy

Stircrazy Guest

hmm your speakers backwards? <--dumb question to ask self always

and hmm for compatability try checking the xp game updated fixes for compatability i have no clue wich ones they fixed i just know ones i have aint broke lol

6. madmain1

madmain1 Guest

I've had the same probs with my older games but running the compatabilty thing helps sometimes.