Frank Miller's 300 Trailer

Sin City was one of the best of 05! AS far as this one goes, I'll see it, BUT, I don't get it.

It looks bad. Not the story mind you, I don't know the source material to judge that. I'm talking the overall look of the film. The exterior shots look like straight up CGI or even worse .. soundstaging. The part where the main dude yells (there are several) something about SPAAAAAAAAAAAARTA, that was stupid. The best part was the "we'll fight in the shade" line. I hope that stays in the final cut. I don't know, I just have a bad feeling that Zack Snyder saw how Robert Rodriguez basically brought the Sin City books to life with exceptional casting and recreating how the book was drawn and now he's trying the same thing. Again I say ... I'll see it. I'm just not expecting much.

You should read the graphic novel (It's a really good book, weird at times) and then see the movie, then criticize it. Remember this is a trailer.

Oh and the book doesn't follow history too accurately. :p

Plus this is historical fact. In 481-480 B.C., King Xerxes of Persia raised forces in Asia and Africa and invaded Greece with an army so huge it was said it (the army) "drank rivers dry." But when they entered the mountain pass of Thermopylae they encountered 300 soldiers from Sparta (King Leonidas and his 300-man bodyguard). Hence the title "300".

Basically the battle bought the Greeks enough time to escape and defeat the Persians. Later, much later.

Last edited:
The best part was the "we'll fight in the shade" line. I hope that stays in the final cut. I don't know

Supposedly that is a true comment.

He sent also heralds asking to deliver up their arms. The answer from Leonidas was "come and take them" (????? ????).
A Spartan, who was told about the great number of Persian soldiers, who with their arrows will conceal the sun, he answered: "so much the better, we will fight in the shade".

http://www.sikyon.com/sparta/history_eg.html

scroll down to "Battle of Thermopylae".

Plus this is historical fact. In 481-480 B.C., King Xerxes of Persia raised forces in Asia and Africa and invaded Greece with an army so huge it was said it (the army) "drank rivers dry." But when they entered the mountain pass of Thermopylae they encountered 300 soldiers from Sparta (King Leonidas and his 300-man bodyguard). Hence the title "300".

Basically the battle bought the Greeks enough time to escape and defeat the Persians. Later, much later.

There were more than just Spartans, unfortunately they are not given their due, except by the Spartans and some historians. The Thespians held out their part of the bargain very well.

There were more than 300 total peeps though the number of spartans was indeed 300.

The significance of the battle was two-fold. Primarily it was a huge slap in the face of Xerxes. More importantly though, it galvanised the fractured greek city states to take up arms as one and they fought with a resolve that hitherto had not existed, allowing them, eventually, to repulse the Persians.

Alexander would finish the job much, much later.

This movie though looks bloody good, now that I've seen more of it in previews and so forth :D

Can't wait for it to be released and I don't give a crap if there is a lot of cgi in the background if it is used like Sin City to further the story rather than to drown it in crap.

I like it :)

Cept again, no mention of Thespians :(

I love it when he says "Madness? This is SPARTA!"

Can't wait to see this :D

P.S. All the Spartans seem to have perfect wash-board abs :eek:

That trailer looks really bad ass, I will definitely have to go check this out. If anything it looks like it will be an artistic piece, even with rare possibility the story sucks or something. And yeah, that line "Madness? This is SPARTA!" is really really awesome. The music helps too :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back