FPS need 60 and higher

by the way, 75hz or fps is true "flicker free" many people can see monitor flicker at 60hz and up... the eye refreshes anywhere between 60-70 times per second... maybe more...

I can't see my tv flicker and it runs at 24 fps just like all others. If you see a flicker try turning vsync on, not off. Turning it on sycronizes the video cards output with the refresh rate of the monitor and thus eliminates those little skips.

P.S. If you want that card to fly then overclock it.

Originally posted by _DM_
yea it bugged me, cause u can see 59 fps. but 60 fps u cant see cause the eye cant see it. what happens if ur fps was 60 and it goes down to 59 or 58? u can tell the difference because it freezes every sec. like 60 (runs smoothly) and 59 FPS (you can see the game freeze for a sec or lower than a second) back and forth every milisecond, or lower than a milisecond.
No you can't. If the screen "freezes" every second or so, it's not beacuse you have 59 fps instead of 60. It would look smooth from 25-30 and up depending on how much things move on the screen. The "freezing" may on the other hand contribute to lowering the measured fps in the game (reporting 59 instead of 60+).

Originally posted by Fellow2000
And whoever said that anything above 60 is flicker free, that is wrong. It is 70 and above. Just try going into settings and seeting your refresh rate at 60, if you look closly you can totally notice a difference.
You can't really put a limit to it. It all depends on the contrast between light and dark on the screen and how fast your screen "fades out" a written pixel. If it fades fast and has high contrast you will need higher refresh rate to make the screen flicker free. I'd say there is a floating limit from 70 to 85 Hz. Above that it's flicker free for sure.

the more the better, period. if you play cs at 60hz and look in the air and swing your knife... you can see the 30-odd individual points of the knife as it swings across the air. if you're running at 100hz and 100fps (cs max), then there will be more of those points.. like 50. it will look smoother. if you did the same thing in real life, thre would be an infinite number of points of the knife seen.

so i don't put a limit on how many fps/hz i want... the more the better. but i always play with v-sync on which will keep my fps in line with my refresh rate and prevent ugly "tearing" which actually makes thing seem jerkier.

whatever DM is talking about sounds like an unrelated problem due to background apps or something.

Are you running Statbar, Winbar or CoolMon? When I run those and play certain games it pauses slightly every second or so, but when I exit those programs everything runs fine. Might help

television runs at 60 hertz... that's a fact... the nature of the AC signal (60hz) is what limits that...blaaahhahhah, i don't really know this for sure, but 24fps seems very small and theres no way you wouldn't be able to detect that with your eyes....

standard NTSC television signal is 24fps. it's just tv's work a little different from computer monitors so you don't really see a flicker.

TV's use motion blurring so 24fps looks good on them, monitors have a crisper image so 24fps looks crap unless you are realley used to it

that's interesting to know... strange too... when i have my gf4mx440 connected to my television, the only available refresh rate is 60hz, but does the tv only really see 24? why would the card bother to send 60 if the tv only needs 24?

60 is just window's default. and it isn't really displaying at 60hz to the tv... there is a conversion process that goes on through the tv encoder chip on the video card.

Originally posted by _DM_
Ok. I keep getting 59 or 60 fps and if it goes down to 59 the game stops for a sec or less than a sec. How do I get my GeForce 2 MX above 60. I need to get atleast 61 or 62. What program do i need to use?

i get 100fps solid on CS @ 800x600 res, around 105fps on q3 @ 1024x768 and UT and UT2K3 run good.

update the gfx drivers to the latest ones (not beta), turn off vsync and also play with the configs for the games. if you're running @ 32bit colour, then that'll be the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back