Forum project

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Ace123, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

I blew the mobo... Im not sure about the memory or the cpu yet. Im gonna rebuild the entire thing from the ground up. Its going to be a forum project so we need ideas. Youve seen the case how it is now. Im putting an fic at31 fusion board in it UNLESS comeon finds a board better than it. the specs are....
    -Processor
    AMD™ Athlon™ XP Processors
    -Chipset
    ATI Radeon IGP320
    VIA VT686B
    -MEMORY
    2 DDR DIMM; Up to 2GB DDR 200/266
    -MEMORY
    2 DDR DIMM; Up to 2GB DDR 200/266
    -Onboard LAN
    Realtek 8100BL 10/100Mbps Ethernet
    -Expand Slots
    1 AGP 4X
    3 PCI
    -NOVUS Feature
    BIOS Guardian
    HotKey
    Overclock Partner
    WE NEED IDEAS... We'll vote on them. THIS IS A FORUM PROJECT SO WHAT IS VOTED GOES

2. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Some really nice gigabyte boards...I have heard that FIC boards are crap. Gigabyte also offers overclocking utilitys. I think their adress is www.gigabyte.com.tw

3. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

4. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

5. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

I think we should hold-off until the Intel Prescott is released. I mean come on..., let's start with a real chip...!:D

6. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

ok you cant vote anymore lol

7. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Forget Intel, all the way with AMD. AcE, I agree, that board might not fit, and most likely won't. I have a suggestion. I know you worked hard on your case and all, but, if this is a ground up thing, why not get another case? You can get an Antec Server case and mod that like crazy. However, it might be too big for your liking...I would look around if I was you, for some cool cases. That's just a suggestion though.

8. WORKED HARD, i have the HP pavilion 9715, and my case is IDENTICAL, even has a template on the right panel for a fixed fan, from what i can see all he's done is cut a hole and put in a new fan, and a few LED's!

9. bhxtyrant

bhxtyrant Guest

10. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

What about cooling though... Antec Server Cases best for that... like the one I have. Plenty of room. And you and shove in as many fans as the powersupply can support ( with the proper modding of course )

11. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

I suppose this " forum project hasn't gone very far " :(

12. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

sure it has nick. You get at least 5 people to vote... and vote on if i get a new case or use the old one. Sorry ive been gone so long.. ive been moving and all. Now i got the money to get the thing done. I currently have 512 mb of 2100 but i spose i could sell it and get some 2700 if we decide that a new case and board are the way to go. I am going to return the fic board as it will not fit in my case. Well it fits but the cpu cooler jams up against the side of the cdrom and i can have that. So its wither this case with the asus mobo or a new case with a new mobo. I also have an 80 gig hard drive with an 8 meg buffer and the burner i have. So lets vote!

13. bhxtyrant

bhxtyrant Guest

id say get a new case

14. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

flatbeat_eddy have you ever put a micro atx mobo in a case that isnt micro atx?

15. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

If a new case is the way to go...... What case also

16. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

17. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

will this thing be solar powered?:D
    get a quality psu

18. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

19. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

spose i could get some solor panels from advanced research and keep a nice hot light on it lol. Ok lets either go 400w or 340? wich shall we start with?

20. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

i was actually contemplating a clear case with a 400w power supply? what do you think.