forum.osnn.net in epiphany

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by X-Istence, Nov 27, 2004.

1. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

I installed gnome today, just wanted to post a screenshot of OSNN in ephiphany, a browser that comes pretty much standard with gnome.

It is an really fast awesome browser that is hardly used, and that is a shame.

Attached Files:

2. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Yeah it is. I used it a lot when I've dabbled with Linux.

3. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Isn't Epiphany based off the gecko engine, so in essence a Mozilla/Netscape/Firefox clone? :confused:

4. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

I personally never seen the point of Epiphany, it is just a frontend for Mozilla.

5. X-Istence

In that case everything would be a netscape clone :p

Why is there a need for Safari when we allready have konq? Why is there a need for another mail applications if we allready have Outlook express?

It is because users want choice. Ephiphany might be YaFETG (Yet another Front End to Gecko) but it gives me a choice if i want to use it or not. If i don't want it, i could just grab Firefox instead and use it.

Ephiphany is a small little browser that does what it needs to do, and does it well. I find it a fair bit faster than Firefox on the same hardware.

6. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

btw, you might want to install the webfonts port so the site doesnt look awful fontwise ;)

7. X-Istence

That screws over a lot of things. For one, then underlines don't show up anymore in any browser at all. For some reason they are disappear, second i used to have a lot of fonts installed properly, but they got screwed over the last time i decided to just uninstall and reinstall everything :p.

X-Istence

8. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

FireFox should be the only Gecko front end (aside from the Moz Suite) :p

Does epiphany utilise tabs ?

9. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I remember using epiphany when I had Slackware. It was part of the Dropline Gnome installation. The fonts looked MUCH better though. It's a simple, lightweight browser (pretty much like K-Meleon), but I couldn't use it for more than a couple of days.