Formatting Question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by pegusus, Jun 4, 2002.

1. pegusus

pegusus Guest

hey, ive chose to format my pc for the first time. i want to try to do it myself. i was wondering if you wonderful people could help me by telling my some ways on doing it or maybe some links to tutorials. its either i do it or i pay like $50 to get it done.

thanx

2. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

Not hard at all.. boot from a cd and either choose to install and it will give you an option to fomat. or if your trying to get rid of xp boot from a cd and press "r" at the first screen and then type the admin password and type "format c:" then wait for it to finish.

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

What do you need to know? Have you worked out any partitions if you want them? Let us know. Pretty sure if you tell us what your think you may have trouble with you'll get an answer. :D

4. welshdragon

welshdragon Guest

5. pegusus

pegusus Guest

awesome

but i was wondering if there might be one for win2k or win98. also im thinking of doing dual boot anyone know of a tutorial on that?

thanx

6. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Don't forget to back everything up, such as your documents, music, and websites. Make a list and check it twice. I've made the mistake of forgetting things in the past, and it's a pain.