formatting alternatives

bluzeboy

Bluzeboy
When I tried today to boot from the xp cd ,it said to boot from cd push any key, I did but then I said inspecting computer & then black screen usually it inspects my computers drivers ect. But it just displays a black screen
Any suggs ? I changed bios to boot from cd prior
I have been able to boot from the cd previously but not now
I need to format ,I’ve always did this booting from the cd
Can you give me some alternative methods?

What happens if you just let it boot up without pushing any key? Mine continues by itself.

Somethings gone screwy. Have you given the xp cd a good clean?
It should continue with the boot process.

Assuming the cleaning hasn't helped:

Make sure you can actually read the cd (view some directories on it open some text files) to make sure the CD drive is good.

BTW this is just a cd drive right, not a cd/dvd combo? And it's the same drive you've used in the past?

Assuming the hardware is ok you may need to reset your BIOS to "safe mode" i.e. no performance features turned on. Though that shouldn't be necessary if nothing has changed since the last format.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back