Forgotten my Admin Password in XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by edlimym, Dec 13, 2003.

1. edlimym

edlimym Guest

Dear people, I am using WinXP Pro with SP1 and I forgotten my Admin password. I am sharing the PC with my brothers/sisters. Is there a way to retrieve it or do I have to re-format the OS. We got lots of datas in it. Please help. Thanks.

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

3. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

yep, we are sorry but due to the fact that we cannot be 100% sure that it is a legitimate request and that you are not trying to get into any other machine than your own we cant really help with getting the Admin password.

you could try installing WinXP on top of itself as this will not kill your data, and it might allow you to set the admin password again

4. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

do any of the other users are admins on the machine?? if so you can reset the admin password that way.

5. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

Or I have an idea: Get this program called NT Access from http://www.mirider.com/ntaccess.html .

Caution: This program you have to pay for so if you really want to recover your admin password, get ready to pony up 90$ US or 75.00 Euros

6. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Is that the inbuilt Administrator account or your account with administrative rights?

Try this - at the welcome screen hit ctrl+alt+del twice. This should bring up the Win2000 style login box. Type Administrator as username and leave the password blank. If you are lucky the inbuilt Administrator account is not password protected.

7. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

Someone didn't read the post by the nice moderator, naughty person, ummmmm