Folding@home

Would you like an NTFS Folding Team.

• Yes I want to sign up for a NTFS Folding Team.

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • No, I am not interested in Folding.

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
K, in for a penny, in for a pund. Why not?
It doesn't run all the time does it Sazar?
I assume it can be disabled for those all important fps in online games.
Count me in.
You want we should d/load, or wait till you register us?

Yes, it can be disabled when required. In fact, you can also run it just as a screensaver. Work units will be processed only when the screensaver is activated during idle time.

Jewelzz said:
If you're 'using' a cannon, you must've missed ;)
Now, not to "toot" my own cannon, but, I was a tanker for 8 years...and I NEVER miss! ;) Everyone knows that tankers have bigger cannons, anyhow! :rolleyes:

I guess at this point I should just say that I'll be part of the group, also. I can leave it run on my file server 24/7 if need be.

thinkin...prolly gonna do it...you can run it as a screensaver?

it only has to run when you want it to... it does not utilise many system resources... I can play any game I want while running it in the background..

I'll set up a team tomorrow :)

thanks all for voting...

isn't this the same project that you can do through the google toolbar? It's called Google Compute (labs.google.com)

Excellent. Let us know when the team is set up so we can start some folding. :)

I don't want to appear stupid ( I am stupid) what is 'folding team'? Is it a glee club?

proteins fold

Lee said:
I don't want to appear stupid ( I am stupid) what is 'folding team'? Is it a glee club?

andif you want gthe details of how and why then look into the links on the first post of this thread :rolleyes:

all cells fold... incorrect folding leads to disease's... this is a simulation of folding whose information when workunits are completed by us is transmitted to the Stanford team and they use the info in their research... a far more worthwhile goal IMO than searching for ET or something else... :D

there are a few other similar research proggies that deal with cancer and the like... also very worthwhile...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back