folding@home with 3850

nod32

OSNN Addict
Ive finally gotten around to start folding@home but im just trying to figure somethings out. In the faqs, it says that using your gpu can increase your producation 30x?! Seems like a no brainer but it says that catalyst 6.1 is the best for it?

Im running 8.3 and there was supposed to be a client coming out for this version. Is that the beta that currently out? (http://forums.legitreviews.com/post101139.html)

Im also running a dual core processor so do i need a different client?

Help me figure this out so i can get going!

thanks
nod32

The new folding app for gpu's is not out yet, I don't think.

Currently it only works for the 18xx/19xx series cards.

I don't know. I gave up waiting a LONG time ago. Keep in mind that the GPU folding units don't have to come out at any given time. It will be out when it's out :)

So, I just bought a ps3 and fold using that.

Hopefully this time it'll come out.

If I want to fold with my cpu do i just download the regular client or the smp one? And hows the beta?

What processor do you have?

And the beta is pretty much all that's currently available.

e8400

but dammit i have a trojan on my computer :( Cant open anything but IE right now. Well off to safe mode...

apparently when google says that a site may harm your computer it's not kidding

haha thanks
finally got rid of it. It was called vundo and it was all over the place. I couldn't delete some of the files even in safe mode, and the ones that i could kept coming back. Turns out they were in system restore, and one by one after many reboots and scans, theyre finally all gone :)

i use my ps3 but my results are just not being sent what gives?

Mine are being sent.

Check your wireless/wired settings perhaps?

no i download stuff fine, so i assume the upload must also be fine.

Interesting.

Check the Stanford folding forums to see if anyone else has reported this problem.

I am still pending points for my 2 1500 point units I completed a few months back.

so should i use the smp client or the regular beta (with an e8400)?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back