folder from hell.

• Thread starter wastingnick
  • Start date
is this folder in use by the camera software? thumb through the program options or something.. it must be a default folder for the cam to place pics in or something. might try and change that default to something somewhere else.

also... try right click on system clock, choose TASK manager... look in APPLICATIONS and PROCESSES if you see anything to do with camera, kill the program or process... then try to delete folder.

nope, everytime i bring pics on it makes a folder for the day, and ive been able to delete 12-16-01 ,12-27-01 so i don't know whats wrong with this one!!

man i dont know what to tell ya, if you tried everything i said and that didnt work... im clueless. my next thing would be a virus but im thinking probably not if thats a normal file name your camera gives. im still thinking scan disk though. i know you said you did that, but exactly what some corrupted files will do when corrupted.

you said you went into winxp dos commond line. try a 9x boot disk and try to delete from there. if it still wont delete. run a scan disk with that 9x boot disk.

but im still leaning to something using that folder or its corrupt. that is all i can think of.

Have you tried this allready?
It was a tip before , but you didn't knew how to use it.

Click "START" > "RUN" > type ... MoveFileEx(12.25.01, NULL, MOVEFILE_DELAY_UNTIL_REBOOT)

Replace 12.25.01 in the name of the folder

Click "O.K.".

After reboot , it should be gone...let's hope for you :p

I'm pretty sure that that command is supposed to be used for programming windows and not an external command

:D Yeah MoveFileEx is an API function.

So... all you have to do is install Visual Basic, reference the API,
write a single line of code, compile your program, and run it.

Simple! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back