FlatOut

X-Istence

Political Access
FlatOut is just one of the many games I own that are on steam, and it used to run fine on Windows XP with a measly GeForce 3. So now that I have this power house of an ATI card. I figured it would run better. Since this machine has Windows Vista installed, I figured why not install steam, and play my favorites.

The entire time that I try to play this game my screen keeps going to black, and then back to the game, which off course makes the game not playable. I have tried anything that I could come up with and it has no effect whatsoever.

Another one I have problems with is Counter Strike Source. I have the setting set all the way to 0, and yet I get a frame rate of 9 - 25. Nothing higher!

I love how some people flat out refuse to accept that they have to upgrade at some point to keep doing what they want. It's called progress. If you are going to insist on using ancient hardware for a new OS it's going to give you grief. Swap OS or upgrade the PC.

X800 is high end?

I used one with my old prescott. But is should still do better than it is, Vista still sucks.

I love how some people flat out refuse to accept that they have to upgrade at some point to keep doing what they want. It's called progress. If you are going to insist on using ancient hardware for a new OS it's going to give you grief. Swap OS or upgrade the PC.

I still have AMD 1 Ghz Duron machines performing newer tasks without any issues, I still have a P1 133 Mhz running perfectly, with newer OS's as well.

I should not have to upgrade hardware more than I already did to run the exact same game. That is insane. It is even more insane that Vista requires that high power of a PC to run properly. I get updates for Mac OS X (10.3 to 10.4 for example), and they still run on older hardware. Most of the time there is even a speed improvement. For example going from 10.3 to 10.4 on my old iBook gained me a lot of speed improvements and worked perfectly. Is Microsoft unable to do the same? Are they that incompetent?

X800 is high end?

I used one with my old prescott. But is should still do better than it is, Vista still sucks.

X800 is an upgrade from the old card I used to run FLatOut on. I used to run it on a GeForce 2 MX400, and then a GeForce 3. Now an ATI X800 should be an upgrade from that. And I was willing to give Vista a try, that is retarded though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back