FlatOut

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by X-Istence, Oct 7, 2007.

1. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

FlatOut is just one of the many games I own that are on steam, and it used to run fine on Windows XP with a measly GeForce 3. So now that I have this power house of an ATI card. I figured it would run better. Since this machine has Windows Vista installed, I figured why not install steam, and play my favorites.

The entire time that I try to play this game my screen keeps going to black, and then back to the game, which off course makes the game not playable. I have tried anything that I could come up with and it has no effect whatsoever.

Another one I have problems with is Counter Strike Source. I have the setting set all the way to 0, and yet I get a frame rate of 9 - 25. Nothing higher!

2. _kC_

_kC_ Moderator

upgrade to XP!

3. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

or again, this may be a result of your underpowered system X :p

4. X-Istence

There is no reason for that. This machine is plenty powerful for that game. I am not going to buy a new computer because of an OS.

5. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

I love how some people flat out refuse to accept that they have to upgrade at some point to keep doing what they want. It's called progress. If you are going to insist on using ancient hardware for a new OS it's going to give you grief. Swap OS or upgrade the PC.

6. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

7. Steevo

Steevo Spammer representing. Political User Folding Team

X800 is high end?

I used one with my old prescott. But is should still do better than it is, Vista still sucks.

8. X-Istence

I still have AMD 1 Ghz Duron machines performing newer tasks without any issues, I still have a P1 133 Mhz running perfectly, with newer OS's as well.

I should not have to upgrade hardware more than I already did to run the exact same game. That is insane. It is even more insane that Vista requires that high power of a PC to run properly. I get updates for Mac OS X (10.3 to 10.4 for example), and they still run on older hardware. Most of the time there is even a speed improvement. For example going from 10.3 to 10.4 on my old iBook gained me a lot of speed improvements and worked perfectly. Is Microsoft unable to do the same? Are they that incompetent?

X800 is an upgrade from the old card I used to run FLatOut on. I used to run it on a GeForce 2 MX400, and then a GeForce 3. Now an ATI X800 should be an upgrade from that. And I was willing to give Vista a try, that is retarded though.

9. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

Yes, next question. :dead: