Flashing BIOS

L

leonlai

ive heard of people flashing bios and stuff but i have no clue what it means like how u do it and what the purpose of flashing it is.. can someone fill me in please?

Flashing the BIOS is updating it.

When you flash the BIOS, you usually get support for new technologies, improved performance (sometimes) and certain bugs fixes.

You can get an update for your BIOS from the mobo manufacturer's website. But be very careful. If you do anything wrong while flashing the BIOS or if there is a power failure while its being flashed, you're basically screwed ;)
You would just have to go ahead and buy a new BIOS chip.

Not trying to scare you ... just a warning. A BIOS flash is usually successful ... I've done it a couple of times. Make sure you read the instructions very carefully ... that's all.

Good luck! :)

I was flashing my BIOS the other day...

The neighbors saw me and called the cops!:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back