Flash Player 6 CPU problem.

G

Gal

Hi, well I've got a big headache because I've got the strangest problem:

I downloaded from Macromedia's site the new Flash Player 6, and now, but now, every time I enter a site which uses the Flash, the CPU percentage is blowing up!
It depends on the site - Less Flash use, and there's less CPU,(something like 20%-25%) and more Flash use - much much more CPU (something like 75%-90% and sometimes even 99%)!!!

I tried the previous Flash (5) too, but no luck.
I'm SURE it's the Flash that is making me this trouble.

Has anyone else encountered that problem?

Can anybody please figure out a solution?
Anything you have in mind. It's killing me!
(I've just formatted my HardDisk and have a whole new and shiny system, except this problem, and I really don't want to go all over it again)!

Thanks!

Gal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XP Proffessional
Pentium 4 1500MHZ
256RDRAM
20GB HardDisk

(I don't know what else I need to write about my PC, so tell me if you need more details).
THANKS.

I installed flash 6 and nothings wrong. After awhile, does the percentage go down ? Mine goes up to 67 but goes back down as soon sa it done.

Hi. No, the percentage never goes down!
There are flash-using sites that at BEST moving between 50%-70&, and at worse could go over 90%, but it doesn't get down.

And there are sites that really go to 67% like you said, but it never goes down, and Internet Explorer is getting sloooow...

Any suggestions? :confused:

No luck...

Hi again, thanks very much for trying to help!
I reinstalled the Virtual Machine again, but no luck there...

I don't know, I'm trying to think what even might do that, but I just can't figure it out.
I mean, it's one thing that it climbs up to those precentages, but not to go down?? the nerd
Maybe there's a way to totally uninstall Flash, and then try again?
(Actually, I don't think that even that would work)...
Mmm... I'm desperate...

Thanks again.

Gal.

The macromedia site do have the uninstall for flash but I never see anythings like this before. Never happen to me. I think more with the IE than flash. I do have a lots of problems with IE. It crash, freeze or even reboot. IE got so much bugs. Sorry can't help.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for your patience!

If anyobody thinks of something please share it.
If I get the solution for this, I will of course post it here.

Gal.

The post on top, I says the cpu percentage go down. My mistake, it stays there(around 67%). I go out that site too fast. I thinks that is normal. When it goes up to 90 or even 99%, doest it slow down ur comp. If not I think u have nothing to worry about.

Well, it actually does slow down the system.
I can feel it when, for example, opening the Favorites menu.
It's definitely slowing the overall speed, that's why I'm upset about it, and after I reformatted my hard drive... :mad:

And, I've tried the instructions to uninstall from Macromedia's site, reinstalled it again after reboot, but still...
What the #$@% could it be??

Which site u goto that slows ur comp. Can u post the site, I want to try it out and see what happen ?

Well, as you probably can see on my profile, I'm from Israel, and I go a lot to Israeli protals and sites, but not mainly.

But to give you 2 examples, I'll give you the name of 2 sites which uses flash in here:

A popular Israeli portal:

www.walla.co.il (Between 65%-75% CPU, and sometimes ever worse.

And also an Israeli satellite TV company:

www.yes.co.il (Between 25%-35%, and worse)

I just want to remind you that the CPU doesn't go down after getting these percentages, until I go to another site. Frustrating, because it slows the performance. It really does.

Please tell me if you get the same problems in the sites I worte.

Thanks a lot!

By the way, on the first site I posted, (www.walla.co.il) I guess the commercial at the left is to blame. (But only at this particular site).

I have problems with IE 6 and Flash 6 sites. Most of the time it the Flash 6 sites cause IE to freeze up. I can't tell if it's an IE problem or a Flash problem..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back