fixing movies

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ElementalDragon, May 13, 2003.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Ok, some home :) movies that i download will not have both the movie and the audio in sync with each other (like the sound will start playing, then the movie plays anywhere from 5-10 seconds behind the audio). is there any program that can fix this problem?

2. Codasmd

Codasmd Old School XPeriencer

What r u using to play them?

I know divx can have this prob.

3. ElementalDragon

well, i'm using windows media player to play them. not sure what format they are in. i use kazaa to download them.

4. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

This thread will probably get closed...but, anyway, download Nimo codec pack and restart PC. If it's out of sync, it was made poorly by whoever ripped it.

5. Codasmd

Codasmd Old School XPeriencer

hmm....

try using a dif player

DivX

Vidomi

I've never really run into that problem, unless I was starting and stopping a movie with divx.

You try real and quicktime?

6. ElementalDragon

haven't tryed real player or quicktime yet. don't really like real player and quicktime is givin me trouble at the moment.

Also, i don't see why the thread would get closed. it's not talking about the software used to get the episodes (which is exactly what i'm talking about, TV show episode, not a movie that is not out yet)

And while i'm at it, is that new Zoom player they have in the software section a replacement for QuickTime?

7. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

use virtualdub to resynch the sound and video, if in fact it is out of synch and its just not your pc laggin behind. I noticed this problem on a PII 300 while watching divx movies. turned out to just be the computer but you can give virtualdub a try.

http://www.virtualdub.org/ ;)