Fixing a friend's uncle's computer...

:) :) :) :...i got it workin now!!!!!!! thanks to everyone that helped and u will be getting something ;)

TittleBitties said:
:) :) :) :...i got it workin now!!!!!!! thanks to everyone that helped and u will be getting something ;)
pie? :D

lol no...your should of gotten my present already ;)

I got it (thanks) but pie is still being hoped for :D Oh and what did it turn out to be?

well...i have no idea? Must of been somethin i did with the program i download from Maxtor...i used my floppy drive on the computer and i got the program goin and so i went to bed at like 3:45am and woke up at 12:00pm and it was still goin it finally got done around 1ish. I then tried the recovery disk and it finally booted :) but it wasnt the right one so i installed xp again and then it worked.

Man the computer is acting really slow and crappy with xp and when i installed sp1 it was even worse :(... i was tryin to install the tweak guide program but i wont install. So i think i am gonna ask someone if they have a ME cd and see if that will be better. Also on that computer the screen is all messed up...i dont really know how to explain it its not really messed up but like lets say u click start and go to programs and like u can kinda see a reflection of it next to it. I wanna say its the graphics card. There is a update for the card but i unno if it will install on the computer since it wont take programs off burnt cds.

Surf over to Compaq site and make sure you have all recent updates they have listed for the computers model number. Also is the monitor your using a known good one? Ghosting like that would lead me to believe that either you need to try degaussing the monitor or that you have some issue with the graphics card. I would check and make sure both the refresh rate and resolution are both compatibly with your monitors specs.

ok found out what the problem was...its not my monitor since i got it for christmas. Anyway it is the graphics card just looked it up and there is hundreds of people with the same problem but it seems just to be Nvidia cards. Its a old card tho 8mb tnt2 :(. O well i guess they guy will have to go pick up a new card but bein how old the computer is he should just get a new card but not really new cause that computer dont need any of the new graphics cards they have now...prob somethin from '02 or '03.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back