First time selling things on eBay - already being scammed

Sucks that you have had such a rough experience EP. I wanted to comment on a few things that from what I can see have gone un-answered/resolved.

For your original auction, and maybe this one if it falls through too, if you open a case and "Report an Unpaid Item", you can get your listing fees and final value fees back for the auctions. For the guy who is no longer registered, you will get credited instantly. For the guy who seems to be fraudelent but still has an account, you will have to wait 7 days after you open the case to get your fees back (gives buyer a chance to respond/act).

Gonaads is right, and I have learned this lesson rather hard myself recently. ONLY send to Buyers with a CONFIRMED address. It only takes a non-confirmed buyer roughly 30 seconds to confirm their account. All they need to do is place a Credit Card on file which matches all their info. Outside of that, only ship to areas where Seller Protection is in place. These countries include, USA, UK and Canada only. I don't ship anywhere else, and they have to be confirmed.

Outside of that, if the value is over $250 in whatever your local currency is, be sure to get signature confirmation.

Hope it helps, better luck with your future endeavors.

Damn, I deleted them from the list when they fell flat.
Will remember that one next time.

how about NEVER EVER EVER using paypal or ebay or any other company affiliated with either one.

I can give you the lowdown on ebay and paypal if you wish ...cause i really DISLIKE them ... very very disturbing business practice they have ...and even worse customer service.

On top of that ..your money is at the mercy of them ...and if they want it ...they WILL take it ...THE END

Yeah getting £40 for 3 items and then finding £30 in sellers fees kinda sucked.

Regardless of how people may feel about ebay/paypal, it's a business like anything else and there is simply no compeittion atm.

Paypal is OK, I don't think I've been ripped off once although to be honest I've only sold my items to people in the UK and always bought items from very highly respected sellers.

I use paypal quite often. Or at least when I have something to sell. I've never had a problem that didn't get resolved properly.

EP, next time you sell something on ebay, let me know.

It's better being scammed by a person you almost know than a person you'll never know I say :smoker:

Nah phone sold for 170 + 10 postage in the end, not so bad, as I bought it last January so had a good years use out of it then sold it for 100 less than I bought it for. ;d

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back