FireWire HD

Xie

- geek -
Out of geekdom and the fact that my mini only has a 4200rpm HD I picked myself up a LaCie d2 Extreme. Anyhoo I was just wondering if any here has done a drive clone using Carbon Copy? If so did you have to shutdown everything while it does it's thing (for ever :(), or were you able to surf and such and have Carbon Copy just copy stuff while you did?

Being both bored and sometimes just crazy I went for it. I'm on my firewire copy right now and all is well. :) Only thing that I have found that was an issue was my bookmarks as I saved all open tabs right before shutdown. That was just a quick copy from internal to firewire and all seems good *crosses fingers*.

I did make sure to change the name of my internal drive and then change the name of my firewire drive to the old internal drives name. Then I set the firewire drive as the boot drive and hit restart. Seemed to boot maybe a tad bit faster but launching apps does seem a bit faster for sure. Seeming as how I still have a backup (internal drive), I feel fairly safe "messing around". :)

Good post El Pescador although I think Mac OS is a different monster from Windows. Also from my XP days I wouldn't touch Ghost again period.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back