Firefox hits 50 Million Downloads!

How can they know if the person downloading does not have it or has it ? Makes no sence at all seeing as they do not send out upgrades , you need to download the whole thing everytime so that is again just more bull pr .

Yeah there is no way for them to tell if it's an upgrade or not really (except those that use FF upgrade feature - does that work yet?).

Xie said:
Yeah there is no way for them to tell if it's an upgrade or not really (except those that use FF upgrade feature - does that work yet?).
works for me.

Everyone should use netscape. just to be ornery

Problem with FF and other browsers which won't get them accepted in the corporate arena atm is the lack of control through group policy etc. I would love for us to be able to change browsers but with IE we can tie it down so much better than the rest.

I'm not quite sure why ff people are celebrating this...the more popular ff becomes, the more it will be targeted by viruses, ad spammers, hackers, etc.

What you mean it will end up just being another browser ? damn those ms programmers are to blame!

lol

As Firefox grows in popularity it will become a greater target for pop-ups and malicious programs. That is a legitimate claim. Let's take a hypothetical stance and say that Firefox becomes targeted just as much as IE. What will make Firefox better in that scenario is the fact that it is an open project. Holes will be closed and updates will be made available in FF much quicker than in IE. So even when that day comes, Firefox will still be the better, safer choice.

I've downloaded it eighteen times this morning! The more protection I get, the better.

Seriously, though, I download it every time there's a new change. 50 million isn't much. It could be a million people downloading 50 updates.

Yeah, they should count everytime someone downloads a revision of IE :)

I download it every time there's a new change. 50 million isn't much. It could be a million people downloading 50 updates.
I've made 10 downloads (if there's an update people seem excited about)...and I don't even use it as my primary browser

Last edited:
muzikool said:
As Firefox grows in popularity it will become a greater target for pop-ups and malicious programs. That is a legitimate claim. Let's take a hypothetical stance and say that Firefox becomes targeted just as much as IE. What will make Firefox better in that scenario is the fact that it is an open project. Holes will be closed and updates will be made available in FF much quicker than in IE. So even when that day comes, Firefox will still be the better, safer choice.

Maybe but anything that is attacked and torn at as much as IE will be in trouble thats for sure, and there is no way we will ever know because let's face it folks, it will never be IE .

Makes me laugh name one exploite that affected you in anyway and one other person that is on these forums the same exploite . I have used IE from since windows 95 I have never been hit with anything , popups are easily blocked , now other than that what exactly did IE cause to go wrong on your machine?

Nothing I am sure but if its just that you like FF thats cool , bashing MS all the time is childish beyond reason , this is not an ANTI MS site it is a featured site for windows XP guess all the MS bashers need to move to other forums where MS bashing is the norm I for one have been here for a long time and the MS bashing is really getting old and makes this place look kinnda stupid if it claims to be a windows help forum.

OSNN has been selected as a featured Microsoft WindowsXP Community site. That means you can use our non-Microsoft community to get answers to your questions, state your opinions, meet other Windows XP enthusiasts and learn more about Windows XP. Check it out!

No OSNN is now turing into a MS bashing site and all over the front page every news post were possible and forum thread we see MS bashing all over , I for one am just fed up with the stupid anti MS comments .

Kermit, you've been here a long time and should know better than to respond the way you just did. You ignored the emoticons which are intended to express the tone of a post, and you replied 3 consecutive times instead of using the Edit button. You also make accusations that are unfounded. I've been using Windows since 3.1 and still use it now. Just because I also have an Apple and prefer to post an Apple in my sig does not make me a Microsoft basher.

You presume that I like Firefox and hate IE because liking Firefox is trendy, and is in some way anti-Microsoft. You also presume that I had no huge issues with IE to cause me to switch in the first place. Wrong. IE crashed frequently at times, and I can count on one hand the number of times Firefox has crashed. Firefox also introduced a built-in popup stopper before IE and has tabbed browsing -- something IE still doesn't have. Firefox's security holes are found quickly and patched quickly. I can't say the same for IE's.

To any mods who read these posts: I recognize there's a good possibility these posts will be deleted, but I feel it necessary to defend myself against unwarranted accusations and express my experience with Firefox and IE when my experience with them has been questioned. Thanks. :)

For the record, I thought we were joking around, indicated by the :laugh: and :p. Didn't mean for it to become serious.

Back to the topic...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back