Firefox 2.0 now available

Bottom line is that IE7 wouldn't be what it is without Firefox.
Always been a fan of competion.

Unless it was someone actually trying to compete with me, then I would have them removed.

Ha, good point EP. There are a lot of features in IE7 that were brainstormed from features already existinng in FF.

You are right, competition = good

True winnar's are the consumers who get to have the best of both worlds :D

FF2 is the biggest bag of wolf b*llocks since Real Player.

Honestly, the Firebird betas were awesome! They had very few minor problems and never lagged like hell. FF of all the types of programs I use, lags, crashing, freezes and just pisses me off. MEMORY LEAK MEMORY LEAK MEMORY LEAK!

One gig of ram is sufficient for intensive programs I use yet FF cant get a grip.

Stuff this for a dying donkey. The donkey should of been shot when its prime was ending. FF is just going down hill after each release in my experience and I have more than enough requirements for it to use. It just doesnt hold its own like it did when it was in its betas. Its just such a fragile piece of software now.

I dont care if it works fine on other peoples systems. You cant change my experiences. I did like it before. Ill take Opera and IE7 over it now.

:dead:

ps, I dont use any extentions, themes or add-ons with FF, never have done, just the flash plug-in grudgingly.

so far so good for me. i only have the foxyplayer ext and it is working fine, pretty useful for me at least. i did use a theme as well and no probs. i usual use ie, but i dont just go to any website. i'll definately be using it more now than i ever did just to see from my own exp. how well it will hook me. like i said so far so good.

FF2 is the biggest bag of wolf b*llocks since Real Player.

Honestly, the Firebird betas were awesome! They had very few minor problems and never lagged like hell. FF of all the types of programs I use, lags, crashing, freezes and just pisses me off. MEMORY LEAK MEMORY LEAK MEMORY LEAK!

One gig of ram is sufficient for intensive programs I use yet FF cant get a grip.

Stuff this for a dying donkey. The donkey should of been shot when its prime was ending. FF is just going down hill after each release in my experience and I have more than enough requirements for it to use. It just doesnt hold its own like it did when it was in its betas. Its just such a fragile piece of software now.

I dont care if it works fine on other peoples systems. You cant change my experiences. I did like it before. Ill take Opera and IE7 over it now.

:dead:

ps, I dont use any extentions, themes or add-ons with FF, never have done, just the flash plug-in grudgingly.

one out of millions has a problem and thinks that the program sucks because of it.../sigh

much more stable and faster for me, just about all my extensions have been updated (all important ones and i don't have many anyway)

one out of millions has a problem and thinks that the program sucks because of it.../sigh

Umm, what didnt you understand about experience? I think its a load of *******s now because in my experience its becoming more and more bloated after each release and a variety of errors arise.

Whats so hard to understand about that? Not everything is great or works. Just because Im experiencing troubles with the software doesnt mean that my experiences are invalid.

So, what if millions of other people use it. Doesnt mean its perfect.

Maaaan. Maxthon is what IE should have been a few years ago.

still no CSS 2.1 inline-block property in Firefox, but then its only been 3 years since the bug was posted on their bugzilla.

Not like Firefox advertises better CSS support than IE. Oh wait they do!!

Does IE support inline-block???
YES

</rant>

Really wish they'd focus on complying with standards and not galavanting off making their own proprietary extensions like Javascript 1.7

Its almost as if Firefox is now the one all the developers are going to be complaining about :p

Is there a way to make the browser snappier?

I heard there were add-ons but I can't find em :(

It looks nice, more customizable but slower than molasses compared to ie :(

One reason I refuse to install IE 7 is the stupid permission change on exe's and downloaded files. I hate the prompt IE7 adds and SP2 added with IE6. I love firefox cause it doesn't tag downloaded files and make windows ask if I want to run it.

I hate that.

You can disable that.

Tools
Internet Options
Advanced
Under Security: Check for signature on downloaded programs

weird found FF2 to be much faster than 1.x , roughly the same with IE7.

One reason I refuse to install IE 7 is the stupid permission change on exe's and downloaded files. I hate the prompt IE7 adds and SP2 added with IE6. I love firefox cause it doesn't tag downloaded files and make windows ask if I want to run it.

I hate that.
Firefox will technically ask you if the file is safe if you try to open the file from the Firefox download window thinger.

I officially came to the conclusion last night that IE7 stinks ... I'm sticking with firefox ..

I officially came to the conclusion last night that IE7 stinks ... I'm sticking with firefox ..
Well at least your decision is supported by technical explanation and detail :p

Firefox will technically ask you if the file is safe if you try to open the file from the Firefox download window thinger.

Yes, but A) that option can be disabled and B) that's how far that kind of prompt goes.

With IE you could open a file you downloaded several months later and it will prompt you. And now its even more of a pain in the ass with IE7 as it looks like most exe (downloaded with IE or not) will trigger the prompt.

With IE you could open a file you downloaded several months later and it will prompt you. And now its even more of a pain in the ass with IE7 as it looks like most exe (downloaded with IE or not) will trigger the prompt.
You just have to do like Madmatt suggested or right click the file > properties > General tab > Unblock. Another way is uncheck the box that says "Always ask before opening this file" on the security warning window.

Attachments

• block.jpg
    block.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 101
  • ask.jpg
    ask.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 100

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back