Firefox 1.0.7 in Ubuntu

N

Not Bman

As some might know, just installed Ubuntu 5.10.....checked out firefox and its version 1.0.7, and dosen't allow me to update. Is there away to get it to 1.5?

Ok, just checked it out and I'm confused....which file do I need, there are 2 million of them on mozilla site...also I don't have permission to get to the/opt folder..

HELP!!

Are you using apt-get to upgrade. I would assume that Firefox is in the repositories since the latest version was a security update.

yea I don't know....thought I knew enough about linux, im totally lost...

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

For some programs you need to add extra repositories, I am not going to be much help there, you should check the ubuntu forums, they have lots of threads dealing with that stuff.

I did that, it didn't do anything to firefox.....umm why am I so confused, I followed those tutorials on the forums and it dosent work..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats telling you that it can't find the gzipped firefox archive. Try changing into the "Desktop" directory ;) and running the same command.

Changed it to desktop, same crap....hmm I'm gonna check out the ubuntu forums, and If I can't get help there i'll come back.

Thanks

You won't get Firefox 1.5 via the repositories.

If you are having trouble with the manual process some deb packages are around. Did you try the package tool from the Wiki?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back