Fire Wire Problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by homesick1337, Jan 7, 2006.

1. homesick1337

homesick1337 Computer Lover

Ok here is my situation, I have 2 hard drives that are external that I connect thru my firewire port.

Recently both drives are not detected anymore by windows. My guess is my fire wire connection when I go to network properties does not show any IP etc information on it. When I click repair it says TCP/IP is not enabled for this connection.

I also have norton system works / internet security along with System Mechanic 6.0 installed.

Could any of this be the problem? What can I do to help resolve this situation?

Thank You,
    Homesick

2. homesick1337

homesick1337 Computer Lover

Quick Update:

I took out the Maxtor Drive I use and put only the other external firewire hard drive and it works and is detected.

When I plug the maxtor in it just blinks with the green light over and over instead of staying on, and the red light never comes on. I think I need the drivers for it again maybe for it to be detected but I can't find them on maxtor's website.

Anyone got suggestions?

Below is a link to the maxtor hard drive I own.

http://maxtor.com/portal/site/Maxtor/menuitem.5d2b41d3cef51dfe29dd10a191346068/?channelpath=/en_us/Support/Product%20Support/External%20Storage/Personal%20Storage%20Family/1394%20External%20Storage