"Find target" & "open after download" DONT WORK

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Both shortcuts "find target" and "open" after download completes do not work !!

Win Xp sp1 just cant figure out when it started and do not seem to find much info anywhere on how to fix it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

well I think a reformat should fix that! I guess that's not the answer you seek though....

This is really getting me, I know I've seen the answer to this but no amount of searching will find it :confused: :mad:

As a last resort you could install xp over the top of itself so you dont lose anything, but I really dont know if it would fix it.

Its a real brain tease, I know you would think a little search would turn up something but not in this case... I will try the repair insstall , it does not remove anything cept a few updates ... I was thinking the F word too Mainframeguy LOLOL

Figures you would revert to the "G" word

DONT EVEN BOTHER MATE !!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOL

Well still nothing found.... I am looking all over but yet to find anything helpfull

I refuse to format I might try a reinstall but I would think somewhere I could find some information to help.

you could try running
sfc /scannow
at the cmd prompt. might help

Tried that one , and tried reinstall IE6 SP1 , removed and reinstalled numerous programs, but yet to find anything that works , but thanks for the effort ... I wont sleep till I get this done ...... LOL

Well I will sleep but I wont rest

Is it for all file types or just certain file types?

You need to go to tools > folder options > file types

find the particular file type giving you trouble and select advanced then check confirm after download.

gl :)

Ok looked at that but the file types all look fine , plus that would not explain the "find target" but confirm after download I checked on all types ... thanks will test now with a dummy download to see.

No change very strange problem I must say :eek:

Have you tried using Avant to see if the download manager in there works OK? (1mb download)

It installs to a seperate folder so is easy to uninstall & uses IE. It is a 100% better than the native IE.

Well after looking high/low and never finding anything anywhere , I formated and rebuilt my network, was worth it after all a nice clean OS is always enjoyable ....now that all my network shares are in place and everything realined ........ I ghosted my OS so I wont be in this mess next time.

Thanks to everyone for trying .......

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Well after looking high/low and never finding anything anywhere , I formated and rebuilt my network, was worth it after all a nice clean OS is always enjoyable ....now that all my network shares are in place and everything realined ........ I ghosted my OS so I wont be in this mess next time.

Thanks to everyone for trying .......

* Bytes Back cuddles his Norton Ghost and Drive image discs *

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back