Finally!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by gballard, Feb 11, 2004.

1. gballard

gballard Moderator

The most requested films for the DVD format will finally become a reality this September as Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox present the eagerly-awaited Star Wars Trilogy for the ultimate home entertainment format. The four-disc collection will be released on September 21 in the U.S. and Canada, with international release dates following closely..... :) :) :)

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

bleh... he's just milking it...

shoulda released it on dvd a long time ago...

3. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

I hear it will be the "special edition" of each ... has some upset.

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

he should do like t2... theatrical and special edition...

5. Xie

well the thing is that the 99% of the stuff ppl think is new in the "special edition" isn't really new ... they are just to old to have seen it in the theatre when they came out and have only seen the "pan and scan" versions. widescreen is always better as you see the whole picture w/out the cropping :)

6. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

However, some of what is added to the "Special Edition" films is utter crap in the eyes of a majority of Star Wars fans. The whole Jabba the Hut walking/moving/squirming sequence was ridiculously bad, and everyone will have to see it on DVD because the original version will not be included in the package. Lucas won't include the originals because the special editions are "what was intended" to begin with. I'm happy about the death of the pan and scan, but not so happy that the versions I watched for 15 years aren't even going to be on the DVDs.

7. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Woohoo! gonna rock!

8. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

The fact is the special editions did more than delete extra scenes.
    The battle on hoth (erm ice planet?) was actually a faded out desert battle and there were all kinds of technical glitches.

That Jabba scene was a mess, but at that stage jabba was a bloke. I am suprised with todays technology they couldn't rework the scene anyway.

Weren't the DVDs supposed to have even more deleted and fixed stuff?

And why the hell was the ep2 DVD set so crap?

9. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

"Its like Hoth cold in here" :)

I like the special editions (except the Gredo shooting first bit, bleh) Totaly looking ward to it

There was rumor of a Ultimate Edition with even more addtional scenes and touch ups for the The DVD release (Things like an appearance of Padme, somehow) wheather that will still occur is anyones guess. Although if you jump on the "Lucus is evil and only cares about money" band wagon, then probably yes

I like the EP 2 DVD, thought it was good, although the main doc wasn't as good as the doc on the EP 1 DVD

10. dubstar

dubstar format c:

dang. i was just about to post this, but i saw "finally!!" and i was all "thats GOTTA be about the starwars dvd trillogy coming out."

im too slow.

11. Xie

I just watched episode IV special edition on TV today :) Was some parts that are kinda ... blah ... like Jabba moving around and such.

12. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

I will probably wait until they release all 6 together.... Which they will

13. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Well about time I say.

14. Xie

Yeah but in what version(s) for that later 3? I think Lucas will probably release the extended w/ the "box set" and then the orginal 3 later so that ppl have spend more $ yet again to get them all :(

15. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

was just about to post this and found it here... This will be an instant buy.
    Still i dont mind the special editions (except the jaba the hutt and the ice cave) i just hope they update the new ones; the death star approach and especially the speeder into mos esliy <-SP? looked naff. Still to be honest even if they dont bother i will buy it. Just so i can watch a non-kids proper starwars film :D

16. dubstar

dubstar format c:

second that.. "ep 1" and "ep 2" sucked. 4,5 and 6 are untouchable.

17. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

space balls owns starwars :D but still ready to get get these just for keepsake