Finally went pro...so what?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
ok, I've had this xp pro cd sitting around doing absolutely nothing

I got this a while back for fifty bucks from microsft during a promotion.

got a bobble head

got some gum

got a really big box.

ok, the big box comes in handy, so that's cool

the bobble head I put away in case it's worth something when I reach 72 years old...so that's worthless till I turn 72

the gum was the worst gum I have ever chewed...had to finnish it too, cause it was there and I started, but it was pretty bad

so the cd's been sitting around because I've been meaning to upgrade my laptop, and I was pretty darned happy with xp home.

plus all of the work I do on my custoomers computors with pro led me to believe I had nothing much lost in home

so now I decided not to upgrade my old laptop till the hammer comes mobile

meaning of course that my xp pro cd would sit around doing nothing for at least 6 months, right?

so, I figured, ok, time to let this wild baby loose.

took no time at all.

had to do my services all over again

had to uninstall messenger all over again

had to load sp 1 all over again

all the other critical fixes all over again

of course had to turn of ms phone home all over again

SO NOW I HAVE XP PRO...BIG DEAL!!!!

no, no big deal

do not switch to pro unless there is something specific you cannot live without, as far as security, domains, or whatever else you might absolutley need.

othewise, skip it

or, of you could get them to throw in a pretty big box to go with it, that might come in handy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back